eFootball PES 2020

Associate
Hey all I am trying to pre order through pes 2019 for the 5 % discount ( want legend edtion) I cant seem to find the link in game though. Just says access the store through in game banner, but cant find it anywhere on ps4 btw.

Soldato
I think it's the best footy game I've played in years.

Main downsides for me are that online I can't create many chances from open play but seem to get carved open easily and the commentary is rubbish so I've turned it off.

Other than that I can't really think of much wrong with it. I'm using the PES Universe option file and you wouldn't know that a lot of the teams are unlicensed.

Soldato
I think it's the best footy game I've played in years.

Main downsides for me are that online I can't create many chances from open play but seem to get carved open easily and the commentary is rubbish so I've turned it off.

Other than that I can't really think of much wrong with it. I'm using the PES Universe option file and you wouldn't know that a lot of the teams are unlicensed.

How does the full game compare to the 2019 version?

I'm still playing last year's and am struggling to justify the move to 2020 based on my experience with the demo!

Soldato
How does the full game compare to the 2019 version?

I'm still playing last year's and am struggling to justify the move to 2020 based on my experience with the demo!
Don't know to be honest. Last one I played was 2018 and I didn't fancy 2019 after it.

For me the choice is between Fifa Ultimate Team or a decent game of football.

This hasn't made me want to throw my controller through the TV like Fifa does. :)

Soldato
I've been playing this quite a bit and I just don't think I can go back to FIFA now. The gameplay is so much more enjoyable. I just wish it had all of the other stuff that FIFA brings to the table.

In the MyClub mode, I can't decide if I like the fact I've got a completely stacked team or not. It's nice not having to grind just to get one good player, or paying money. I also like the fact you can level up players, so you can play with a 3 star team and over time develop them into a 5 star team.

Soldato
Just had a go on the demo, I like it, the gameplay is much better than Fifa, it feels a lot easier to make mistakes, Ai included. Fifa in comparison feels like the ball is stuck to your feet and not as many mistakes made.

I'm more of a career mode player, rarely play online if at all, so might get this soon.

One thing I don't like is the constant replays every time a foul is committed for example, can this be changed in settings?

Soldato
Should PES 2020 on the PS4 Pro output at 4K?

I'm having an issue whereby the Playstation menu is displaying in 4K but when I load PES 2020 it drops to 1080p??

On the back of the game box it does say video output is 1080 but then also says PS4 Pro "enhanced" so I assume this should display at 4K??

Soldato
^ somewhat dodgy, although I see the argument they shouldn't be charging for an option file which uses all sorts of trademarked logos etc. That will ultimately attract the attention of the powers that be and option files will probably get utterly nerfed by Konami or Sony.

Anyway, I usually wait for the free Nicoultras option file on PESGaming Forums, which by coincidence he has just released. This is a collection of the best option file edits from multiple contributors into one place, with full credit given to all the modders. There is also the PESWorld file which is also free I believe.

Soldato
Currently going for £24 on three PSN Store... Worth it?

I'd say yes - I bought a physical copy for £30 and I'm really enjoying it!

There are problems with the gameplay - most notably when your defence and/or goalkeeper decides to go AWOL and the ball falls straight to the striker or your players inexplicably run into each other and then spend 5 minutes scrambling to get up like it's a Benny Hill sketch.....but on the whole it's a very enjoyable experience!

I've mostly been playing Master League and while it's improved on last year's effort, it's still nowhere near a slick as FIFA - very clunky and awkward!

I don't know why Konami don't shamelessly copy the presentation elements of FIFA because the gameplay of PES is streets ahead imo!

Soldato
PES actually gets better every year unlike FIFA which is a milking machine.

People moan FIFA is no good i.e. 1.1 user rating on metacritic whereas pes is 8.5 yet continue buying it every year.

If you really want a proper game and the gap to continue closing then buy PES :)

Back
Top Bottom