• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Got an 11 Pro Max reserved at the Apple Store today... upgrading from an iPhone X

Having some second thoughts though, is it really going to be worth the upgrade? Convince me, people :p

Well is the size, camera and battery life going to make you feel like it's a worthwhile upgrade? The three things are just nice to haves, not really essential, but then I did move from an X to an XS Max last year because I missed the larger size phones. On paper it probably isn't worthwhile but I'm sure you won't be disappointed. At least the larger size will mean it actually feels like a different device, unlike moving from XS Max to 11 Pro Max.

Associate
Got my apple care email this morning. Still not showing in settings though. I’ve seen in Twitter they say to allow 3 days. Not sure if that’s 3 days from delivery or 3 days from getting the email. I’ll continue to wait...

Soldato
Received my 256gb pro (midnight green) yesterday after my brief love affair with an s10.

It's a big upgrade over my 8 plus. Face ID is way more convenient than I though it would be. Battery life seems to be even better so far.

Soldato
I didn’t think the warranty was international?

With items purchased in Vegas from Cesears with applecare plus it will be honoured in the UK. The only niggle is that they will replace the unit with the exact SKU number which, may take 24-48 hours to order in.

Due to legal small print, the owner pays nothing the for the replacement or fix, if the warranty is triggered in the U.K from a phone procured from the Cesears store.

Bluewater, Regents Street flagships both carry a handful of international SKU's in stock, YMMV.

I know this as I am one of the thousands of British dudes who end up in Caesars dressed in bad swimwear with a dead iphone from the pool-party and then months later, drop it onto a British car park concrete floor.

Soldato
Well is the size, camera and battery life going to make you feel like it's a worthwhile upgrade? The three things are just nice to haves, not really essential, but then I did move from an X to an XS Max last year because I missed the larger size phones. On paper it probably isn't worthwhile but
The camera is massively better than the X, as is the battery life, the OS is definitely another too, everything is a lot snappier.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed. At least the larger size will mean it actually feels like a different device, unlike moving from XS Max to 11 Pro Max.

Well I went for it in the end!

Phone recyclers still offering £435 for the 64GB X which is a decent amount and seems to be more than they are going for on eBay, so a decent chunk of change recouped from the cost.

Might get my EE sim provisioned to the eSim as well so I can buy cheap local cards for data when I go abroad

Soldato
My 256GB Pro Max in midnight green just arrived. I wasn't going to get one but after doing some crazy man maths I figured that I could get one, give my XS Max to my wife then sell her phone on. The extra I'm having to shell out beyond selling her XR on would be more or less offset by what our current phones would lose in value by next year anyway. Plus I get a phone with a fresh warranty too. Can't lie though, it's the least excited I've been about a new phone, probably ever.

Associate
Caved and picked up the Pro Max earlier, was going to go for green but didn't like it when I saw it in person so stuck with safe space grey.

Called it!

I'm still on the X and don't think I'm gonna upgrade despite it being £200 cheaper in HK. Although I managed to find the XS for £670 and am somewhat tempted (given I can recycle my X for £450). You went from a X to the XS, is the upgrade worth it?

Soldato
My 256GB Pro Max in midnight green just arrived. I wasn't going to get one but after doing some crazy man maths I figured that I could get one, give my XS Max to my wife then sell her phone on. The extra I'm having to shell out beyond selling her XR on would be more or less offset by what our current phones would lose in value by next year anyway.

I was intrigued enough by your man maths to do some digging. The top price from a reseller for an iPhone XR is currently £445. If we use the difference in value between the XS and the X as a rough estimation of how much additional value the phone will lose in the coming 12 months, that comes to £125 and a total “saving” of £570.

A 256gb Pro Max retails at £1299, making a “man math difference” of £729. Incidentally, this is the exact price of a brand new iPhone 11 non-pro.

I take my hat off to you.

Soldato
I went from an X to XS Max myself and that was worth it to me for the bigger screen and longer battery. From an X to a standard XS though, I don't think there's really much to be gained from that.

I take my hat off to you.

Thanks ;) Obviously there is a bit more to it, and the figures were basing it on contract and being stuck in contract pricing. A bit of an excuse to get new ones for us both really, even though it obviously isn't really going to work out to be a cost saving exercise in the long run.

Suppose I should open the box at some point today.

Last edited:
Associate
Crazy how CEX are offering £464 cash for an EE SG 64GB iPhone Pro but sell for £800 - I know they have to make their own profit off them but come on lol

On another note whoevers been able to purchase one for £800 has grabbed a bargain.

Associate
Gone for an iphone 11 128gb but from a iPhone 6...

No point going to a pro this year I think with 5G on next years. Much more likely to trade in next September and get a iphone 12 Pro then.

Caporegime
Local Argos has the 11 in stock in Red so I've saved one in case I'm tempted. I really would love a Pro in green but not sure I can justify the outlay! 11 seems a nice middle ground, even though it is quite a big phone.

Soldato
Has anyone here moved from a max to a standard like Xs max to pro standard ? I’ve done it whilst I have enjoyed it being better for the pocket and texting in it easer as the keyboard closer. But sometime do miss that bit of screen. Like everything all have pro and cons.

I just come to sense I wanted a phone not a phablet. So a nice size phone for my pockets and miss you iPad Pro for other things.

Soldato
I just come to sense I wanted a phone not a phablet. So a nice size phone for my pockets and miss you iPad Pro for other things.

I want the screen size whilst retaining the one hand usability. For my medium hands, the XS 5.8” screen is just about perfect. I can laze around with coffee in one hand and phone in the other. I don’t have to make concessions for when an icon or back button is in the top corner. I just use the reachability feature.

And then I often want a larger screen for browsing...

I think there is no right answer and nor do I want a Galaxy Fold.

Back
Top Bottom