**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Will wait for reviews and actually getting a hands on with one but £900 really is my max.
If the XL is £1k + then may just jump ship to Apple and get a regular 11

Associate
It's not really a jump from £739 though is it as the Pixel 3 XL was more than that when it came out.

I will agree though, no way on this planet I'll pay over a grand for one of those. I've not always had the best time with the 2xl but I'm certainly not so desperate to get rid that I fancy paying that much.

Luckily though, as with most pixel devices, a black Friday sale will no doubt see it receive some hefty discounts! Otherwise I see no reason to choose this over an iPhone 11 Pro for me personally.

Caporegime
Pathetic price if true.

They already struggle for sales as it is and appear to be under the impression they have the same brand appeal and loyalty as Apple.

The specs leaked so far, if true, made me think they would actually lower the price this year :(

Their camera needs to absolutely trounce the competition now or the phone's DOA.

Caporegime
Yep, doesn't look likely does it.

The Pixel 2 was a sales flop and Google admitted the Pixel 3 line sold even less so I'm not sure why they're even bothering now.

The Nexus range was spot on, the Pixel doesn't seem well thought out at all.

Soldato
I want to like the Pixel 4 but just seems underwhelming, I was mixed on the 3 too and ended up picking one up and like it but I don't see anything here to tempt me. If I do pick one up, I'll definitely wait until Black Friday or Christmas as they were quite heavily reduced then by then if I recall...

Not saying anyone is wrong with their comments, but every single year once we hear the latest pixel price everyone starts saying its too high, rubbish this and that. Then the made by Google event happens and all of a sudden everyone's preordering. Again not saying anyone is wrong. I agree £1k for a phone is stupid, however is Google entirely to blame? I remember when brexit happened we were told of tech going up 30 percent. In the last 3 years seems about right. I will not be surprised is the price in pounds is the same as it is in dollars.

Definitely think Google are getting the pixel wrong. Every year I hope they learn from their mistakes, but next year they just end up making more.

I'm now realising with android 10 on my pixel 2 that having the latest android is no longer exciting or required.

I've gone Google nexus/pixel almost entirely because of pure android and speedy updates. Buying a Samsung with 1 version old android on it isn't an issue like it used to be.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've gone Google nexus/pixel almost entirely because of pure android and speedy updates. Buying a Samsung with 1 version old android on it isn't an issue like it used to be.

I was the same but so far since switching to OnePlus they're basically as fast as Google, even beating them with the odd monthly security patch. Oxygen is also basically stock with a few improvements without completely loading it up with useless rubbish.

Soldato
If those price leaks are true then I'm defo waiting for Black Friday. I should probably wait anyway TBH as the prices always seem to get discounted then.

Soldato
Hoping pricing is wrong. If not the statagy is wrong. If Google want to eat into the market they should knock these out at cost price. Now I understand that is not a great business plan..... However the revenue they make off the app store. Adds and linked into Google products makes the pixel profit next to nothing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom