Advice on

Permabanned
So I have recently, got a Tuf Gaming, ASUS device, with 8gb of Ram, and a GTX 1650 along with an AMD Ryzen 7. Yet, how come when I go into, This PC, Properties, why it says 5.95gb avalible? Also how come when I am using Google Maps, and go onto streetview, it takes ages to load, and on maps the streetview lines do not all fill the entire country, where as they usually do. Also youtube seems stutter as well, the browser is Edge that I am using

Associate
8GB ram? On a windows 10 device?
Not cool. No wonder it slow.

Also edge is crap, and on 8gb its unsurprising if stuff is stuttering as the HDD could be getting hit constantly.

Associate
I would hedge my bets that is a faulty module of RAM.

Assuming the 1x stick is made up of 4x2GB pieces of silicon and there is a chance that a 2GB bit of silicon is not working on the stick hence, only 6GB being available.

Can you run memtest to check for errors?

+1 to edge being rubbish try Chrome or FF.

Shawrey

Permabanned
OP
I would hedge my bets that is a faulty module of RAM.

Assuming the 1x stick is made up of 4x2GB pieces of silicon and there is a chance that a 2GB bit of silicon is not working on the stick hence, only 6GB being available.

Can you run memtest to check for errors?

+1 to edge being rubbish try Chrome or FF.

Shawrey

Usually Edge is quite good, I use Edge on another PC, and that is not laggy, and I have just run Memtest, that has shown no errors at all

Back
Top Bottom