• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I want the screen size whilst retaining the one hand usability. For my medium hands, the XS 5.8” screen is just about perfect. I can laze around with coffee in one hand and phone in the other. I don’t have to make concessions for when an icon or back button is in the top corner. I just use the reachability feature.

And then I often want a larger screen for browsing...

I think there is no right answer and nor do I want a Galaxy Fold.

Yes a agree the one hand holding and typing is much better.

whilst I’ve the iPad Pro for browsing I think I’ll cope. So far been pls just hope the urge for a max doesn’t appear

Soldato
Has anyone here moved from a max to a standard like Xs max to pro standard ? I’ve done it whilst I have enjoyed it being better for the pocket and texting in it easer as the keyboard closer. But sometime do miss that bit of screen. Like everything all have pro and cons.

I just come to sense I wanted a phone not a phablet. So a nice size phone for my pockets and miss you iPad Pro for other things.

Went from an XS Max to an 11.

More pocketable but still retain the big enough screen.

Man of Honour
I’ve had the 11 Pro for a few days now. Initial thoughts comparing to my old X:

Screen colours are more accurate, sharper and brighter.
Battery significantly better as is the camera.
It’s faster than the X but not by a huge amount. Things like editing photos I notice a difference though. I don’t game on my phone so can’t comment there.

Soldato
I upgraded from an XS to a 11 Pro.

Couple of thoughts, still damn annoying that 64GB is the base offering. Really ridiculous given the phones price point. The screen is nice, but to my eye not much different to the XS. Face ID is a lot quicker and seems more reliable.

Battery life seems good, feels a little heavier. Haven’t had an opportunity to use the camera yet.

For some reason double tap to zoom isn’t working in Safari. Which is annoying.

Soldato
I upgraded from an XS to a 11 Pro.

Couple of thoughts, still damn annoying that 64GB is the base offering. Really ridiculous given the phones price point. The screen is nice, but to my eye not much different to the XS. Face ID is a lot quicker and seems more reliable.

Battery life seems good, feels a little heavier. Haven’t had an opportunity to use the camera yet.

For some reason double tap to zoom isn’t working in Safari. Which is annoying.

I notice this double tap zoom. I at first though it was a max feature as I came from a max

Soldato
I’ve noticed one or two people mention it on other forums so I can only assume it’s currently ‘broken’. Which is annoying as I use it constantly.

Associate
Went for the normal 11 128gb in black. Expensive enough for me :p

Arrived today but haven't had a chance to unbox yet.

Hoping it will last me a few years as not really fussed about 5G yet

Associate
Finally had hands on in person, love the new matte colours.
Space Grey definitely the one I like most followed by green, feels a lot better too.

Camera is a non issue, does it look the best? No
Doesn't protrude much either.

I think ultimately I'm gonna cave in but probably around November/December time

Soldato
Finally had hands on in person, love the new matte colours.
Space Grey definitely the one I like most followed by green, feels a lot better too.

Camera is a non issue, does it look the best? No
Doesn't protrude much either.

I think ultimately I'm gonna cave in but probably around November/December time

will they be the max or non max

Associate
I have to ask....

After you've unboxed your shiny new device and admired it, does it not feel rather pointless after 10 minutes of playing with it and a bit 'meh', given it's 95% the exact same experience as the device you've just replaced it with?

Genuine question, I stopped upgrading all the time due to this feeling and I'm wondering if others feel the same. As a Samsung user, to me they just felt so similar year after year but iPhones are even more incremental IMO.

Soldato
Yeah you're absolutely right. The last few years have been somewhat minor incremental releases but this year's is definitely even more so. I'm so meh about it that I haven't even taken my 11 Pro out of its box yet and I got it yesterday. Only got it due to wife wanting my XS Max, otherwise I certainly wouldn't have bothered.

Don
I have to ask....

After you've unboxed your shiny new device and admired it, does it not feel rather pointless after 10 minutes of playing with it and a bit 'meh', given it's 95% the exact same experience as the device you've just replaced it with?

Genuine question, I stopped upgrading all the time due to this feeling and I'm wondering if others feel the same. As a Samsung user, to me they just felt so similar year after year but iPhones are even more incremental IMO.

:D

I've said it for the majority of iPhones I've ever bought, it's the biggest anti climax of all gadgets I buy. It unfortunately doesn't stop me upgrading and getting excited for the box coming, after trying to find something new in the iOS, taking some pictures and testing the camera, it's then just like nothing has changed, other than being £1000 worse off :(

Soldato
:D

I've said it for the majority of iPhones I've ever bought, it's the biggest anti climax of all gadgets I buy. It unfortunately doesn't stop me upgrading and getting excited for the box coming, after trying to find something new in the iOS, taking some pictures and testing the camera, it's then just like nothing has changed, other than being £1000 worse off :(

Yep! I remember upgrading from my 3GS to my 4. I was super excited. Then I realised it was pointless to get excited as as soon as I've restored my back up my phone operates exactly the same. So since then I've always thought of upgrades as relatively minor as it doesn't really change from phone to phone

3GS > 4 felt like an upgrade for the retina display and better fitting 3.5mm jack.
4 > 5 felt like an upgrade as the device was a bit thinner and the first real screen size change as well as introducing 4G.
5 > 6 felt like an upgrade as finally got to use a fingerprint reader and an even bigger screen again.
6 > 7+ felt like a huge upgrade as it was my first plus sized phone. Plus the dual lense camera made for some awesome shots at the time
7+ > X felt like a decent upgrade as it was the first time since the iPhone 6 that it underwent a radical change
X > XS Max I wouldn't have bothered upgrading if it wasn't for the fact I missed the 7+ screen and device size.
XS Max > 11 Pro Max - Beyond extra battery life and better camera it hasn't felt like a big update but it's not a bad one either.

Soldato
Good battery life comparison here.

While they all did well, I'm surprised at how much worse the Standard 11 was vs the 11 Pro, especially considering how good the XR battery was last year compared the the XS.

Associate
Anyone gone from a Google pixel 3/3a to an iPhone 11? How are they finding the camera quality as that's what I care most about.

Based on YouTube videos it seems to hold up very well. Slightly warmer colours but sharper than pixel 3. Pixel 3 turns night into day whilst iphone preserves scene a bit better. I've seen images where pixel looks better and some where iphone looks better. Both very good phones.

Man of Honour
Do we know if we'll qualify for the free year of AppleTV+? Apple have said anyone buying an iPhone, iPad, AppleTV and Apple Watch will get a years free, but I'm wondering if it's for purchases made around the time AppleTV+ goes live as opposed to purchases made now?

Back
Top Bottom