** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I've been wondering, since the 1ms response time is basically fake on the LG, and given its poor contrast, shouldn't the Aorus AD27QD be the better choice? I know then LG isn't available yet but on paper at least the Gigabyte seems superior.

If they had the same price, which one would you go for?

I've been having the same thoughts - its whether its worth 15-20% more though. https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/gigabyte-ad27qd-vs-lg-27gl850/757/912

Associate
I've been wondering, since the 1ms response time is basically fake on the LG, and given its poor contrast, shouldn't the Aorus AD27QD be the better choice? I know then LG isn't available yet but on paper at least the Gigabyte seems superior.

Motion looks way better on the LG and is my main worry when buying IPS.

I have been super tempted by the AD27QD and just running it as 120hz though.

Associate
I've been having the same thoughts - its whether its worth 15-20% more though. https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/gigabyte-ad27qd-vs-lg-27gl850/757/912

And also whether you fancy having a big lump of hideously angular LED-ridden HARDKORE GAMER BRAH guff on your desk.

Everything I've seen pegs the two monitors as roughly equivalent, but the Gigabyte is more expensive and ugly as sin, that's what made the choice for me far more than the at-the-time highly speculative "1ms" thing.

Soldato
Personally I would still go for the LG for the better spec* and smaller footprint. But it's worth factoring in that the price difference isn't that big when the Aorus comes with a free headset that you can sell for £60.

*a 6ms monitor with the option to overdrive it to 4ms plus an unusable 1ms mode is better than an 8ms monitor with an unusable 1ms mode and nothing in between.

Associate
Any new guys? It's coming to the end of the month now.

Messaged OC.UK yesterday, current ETA for first batch is 30.09 , not sure that's when they receive it or when they start shipping pre-orders.
Before they said mid september, then 23rd of september so I guess it's gonna be something like 2nd week of October.

Associate
Messaged OC.UK yesterday, current ETA for first batch is 30.09 , not sure that's when they receive it or when they start shipping pre-orders.
Before they said mid september, then 23rd of september so I guess it's gonna be something like 2nd week of October.

Does that include both monitors or just the 27" one?

Soldato
I am pretty tempted by these. Need to replace my ancient BenQ 1080p 120hz monitor. Running a GTX 1070. 1440p or 4k IPS?

I have a 1070 too and i don't think it's enough to run 4K especially at 144hz/144FPS.. I think some new AAA games you might even have a problem reaching 60fps. This type of 1440p monitor i feel is the limit of a 1070.. but it's definitely futureproof for the next gaming rig build.

Cheers for the info mate.. This is turning into a farce, I expected to have this monitor by now and we still don't even have any confirmed dates.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
@Alice Gibbs @Gibbo @NikTheSHNIK

Do we have any official confirmation when these monitors are due to arrive?

As I am starting to get a little bit annoyed now about the lack of communication, it doesn't take much to pop and update the thread one or every other week saying we are expecting them on XYZ date or where they are in the shipping process... As getting information via 3rd parties is less than ideal.

It does I must say leave a bit of a sour taste for any more Pre-Orders with OCUK.

Associate
edit: okey didn't work, please disregard.
3bjz3n
edit: second try
3bjz3n][

Last edited:
Associate
When did the 27GL850-B 27" get a price increase? offer started at £449.99 inc VAT?

I placed an order on 20th August is there anything known how many will potentially not get a pre-order, I am guessing it's over prescribed?

Associate
When did the 27GL850-B 27" get a price increase? offer started at £449.99 inc VAT?

I placed an order on 20th August is there anything known how many will potentially not get a pre-order, I am guessing it's over prescribed?

Price increased around when the reviews came out, it was talked about check earlier posts.
I think everyone who preordered in August will get theirs with next batch, also some who ordered early September so you should be safe.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
So I have just phoned for a update and I have been told the end of the month but couldn't confirm anything, considering its the end of the month on Monday surely you would know when something arriving.....

Mines been on pre-order now since July 15th, so I am going to give it another week before canceling and ordering from somewhere that has stock and is also listed at a cheaper price.

Back
Top Bottom