GT86/GR86/BRZ

Man of Honour
I was reading about the AEM one that gives you 10bhp at 6500rpm and doesn't need tuning. Might go for that soon.

Did it get worse when it was hot out? After some heavy braking mine was only squeaking when braking in reverse. But then on Saturday it was quite hot and it started doing it both ways again.

All intakes need tuning for

Man of Honour
Who knows about the diffs on these? Does the automatic car still have a 4.1 with LSD?
Still a Torsen in the Autos.

I'll double check on ratio in a bit when I'm back in the office.

Edit: 4.10 in both until 2017 onwards with the refresh/facelift then they went to a 4.30 from I can see

Last edited:
Soldato
Good luck mate! Mine came out running and sounding better. Spoke to a saleswoman last week, when I had the MOT done, they said the feedback had been overwhelmingly positive.

What courtesy car are you getting?

Don't know, probably a Yaris like it usually is :/

I'm slightly hoping it's a new Corolla to try out. A Supra would be really nice but I doubt it :p

MK? Still waiting for their phonecall for when I can drop mine off again after they forgot to get a clutch last time. Was supposed to be done this month.

Yep, I was going to get the clutch done as well but I'm not bothering. People are on over 120k on the original one so I didn't see the point. It will be many years before I get there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't know, probably a Yaris like it usually is :/

I'm slightly hoping it's a new Corolla to try out. A Supra would be really nice but I doubt it :p

I would have liked a Corolla, so far I've had an Argo, CT200h and last week I had a Yaris for the afternoon. I've told them I'd like a test drive in a Lexus RC200t sometime.

Apparently they had a Supra in for the day 2 weeks ago. Would have liked a look around that.

Soldato
My courtesy car list so far has been Aygo, Aygo, GT86, Aygo, Yaris Hybrid, Verso, GT86, Aygo, Aygo, Aygo, Prius, GT86. Probably why my GT86 has so little miles on it. Wouldn't argue if I had a Corolla next time but I doubt they'll ever get me a Lexus.

Soldato
Car gone in, also having the service at the same time and they are just going to charge me for the parts :)

I got a new gt86 as the loan car. I had a look at a Supra while I was there too, it does look a lot better in person. They had a Yaris GRMN there as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Recall done within 2 days and no problems that I can see :)

They did the clutch for parts cost as well in the end. Rebuilt engine, clutch and a service for just over £100. Not bad tbh. I think he even fixed the small cam plate leak. Would buy again :D

Back
Top Bottom