Greta Thunberg

Permabanned
Not a fan of hers, think she could do with putting a sock in it. Is almost certainly a hypocrite, doubt if she even cares about environment, probably just a narcassist and likes being a spoiled brat in front of lots of ppl. What do you reckon?

Underboss
She makes a good point and it's something we need to change for our future generations but her facial expressions and general mannerisms (peopleisms?) just made the whole thing appear like a badly scripted tantrum.

How dare you.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
She seems to be doing a good job of raising awareness. If it bothers you that much, don’t read stories about her.

Soldato
She makes a good point and it's something we need to change for our future generations but her facial expressions and general mannerisms (peopleisms?) just made the whole thing appear like a badly scripted tantrum.

How dare you.
I believe she's autistic so that could explain some of it.
My FB feed is interesting, 50/50 on whether she's the saviour of the planet or being used as a puppet by others.

Associate
I dont think anyone really thinks there is not a prob with environment, just the way we are going about trying to fix it.

Imho, plastic bags, wind turbines and electric cars are not the solution - they are ******* around the edges.
We need to science the **** out of this, try and get fusion power working and (if and when we do) give it to everyone, every country. Once we have clean plentifull energy things will be on the up.

Soldato
the 'how dare you' growling face thing was cringey

same with all the school protests tho, it's not her or the kids that allow/arrange everything that ends up splattered on the news

Associate
I wish this was true but the reality is a lot more depressing.
Or it may be people just shrug there shoulders and think why bother when there are countries like India and China polluting the hell out of the planet and we dont see any real change taking place there.

Which is why i think we need to start with science and engineering.
Cheep unlimited power would be like cream donuts to a fat kid for developing countries and those with the best part of 3 Billion people between them. If we could move the planet over to cleaner energy then thats a lot of the battle.

But we would rather pump trillions into the war machine that keeps the middle east so much of a pleasant place!!

Soldato
Thread has me thinking of the almighty dump I had this morning. Truly the dark, ugly underbelly of humanity.

Thunberg is nothing short of a phenomenon. She could genuinely change the world for the better, basically single handedly. Not many people can lay claim to that sort of achievement.

Back
Top Bottom