The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I ran a couple of specials today at work so had to try them, naturally.

Pan fried mackeral (caught this morning by my brother), on toasted ciabatta with beetroot and chilli salsa. Cod loin with lemon and mint pea puree and chorizo.

cHaBJ6v.png

XFP4MqB.png

Soldato
unknown.png

Tenderstem broccoli, carrots and sugar snap peas, steamed and then stir fried with spring onion, garlic, fresh chili, pine nuts, salt & pepper, five spice and soy sauce.

Should have cut the veg a little smaller, and looking at the other examples here, I need to improve my plating and photography skills :p

Soldato
Just made a chocolate genoise cake from scratch. Oh..my..word! Made it over a couple of days to allow overnight chilling before glazing. For a first time, it's come out looking pretty good and tasting extremely nice, moist and smooth. I first made a dark chocolate mixed with milk chocolate ganache for the glazing then decided I didn't like the bitter aftertaste, so binned it and I went and bought a bar of cadburys milk chocolate which is perfect. Freshly whipped cream for the inside, sponge brushed with sugar syrup to moisten and add flavour, and a chocolate buttercream decoration. :)

20190924-182753.jpg

20190924-182758.jpg

20190924-183449.jpg

20190924-183521.jpg

Soldato
In the lanes in Brighton, near the pier.

Any vegan options? My girlfriend and I are heading down to Brighton for the day in January and this looks good for lunch, but she eats a vegan diet at the minute.

@Craig1981 have you tried Baked pizza al taglio yet, just beside the Tennent's brewery so a short walk from Scran. Best pizza in Glasgow. I walk the dog a lot at the Necropolis, and it may just so I can go into Baked for a slice!

Soldato
Nope, never heard of it. Looks like its a 20 minute walk from Scran according to Google Maps. Appreciate the thought, I might get around to trying it eventually.

No, don’t might get around to it. Go, it’s honestly amazing. Very different to other pizza in the city. And you’ll love the flavours.
Trust me! If scran is worth two trains then baked is worth three.

Soldato
No, don’t might get around to it. Go, it’s honestly amazing. Very different to other pizza in the city. And you’ll love the flavours.
Trust me! If scran is worth two trains then baked is worth three.

Actually I could get the same two trains to get there. Would be quicker to get off at High Street rather than staying on till Alexandra Parade. From High Street its only about an 8 minute walk.

Is it just a takeaway or is it a sit down restaurant?

Soldato
Any vegan options? My girlfriend and I are heading down to Brighton for the day in January and this looks good for lunch, but she eats a vegan diet at the minute.

Lots of veggie, most can be made vegan if they're not already (gnocchi alla sorentina, risotto (changes daily), gigandes, aubergine stew, papas bravas, greek salad, grilled cauli, sauted mushrooms etc. off the top of my head). It's all made to order so adjustments aren't a problem.

I can recommend Purezza as well 5 minutes walk away, vegan pizza place that actually makes good pizza.

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually I could get the same two trains to get there. Would be quicker to get off at High Street rather than staying on till Alexandra Parade. From High Street its only about an 8 minute walk.

Is it just a takeaway or is it a sit down restaurant?

It’s very casual, you order at the counter. And then they bring it over to you on a tray.
You can takeaway or sit in, same price.

Back
Top Bottom