Razer BlackWidow Replacement?

Associate
I've been out of the loop for a while so looking for recommendations on a keyboard to replace my dying Razer BlackWidow.
I've found the Razer to be fantastic for the ~10 years I've owned it with initial gaming use turning into daily office use. The Razer has Cherry Blue keys (the loud ones...), what are the best budget options (<£100) with a similar key feel? I see there's some new alternatives to cherry switches which were the only real choice when I bought the Razer, are there any specific keys to keep an eye out for?
I like the look of this but not sure what the feel will be like...
Thanks

Soldato
Just look for a keyboard with the features you want with Cherry MX Blue switches, if you want something that feels similar to blues without the noise then brown is good, although the bump isn't quite so pronounced with browns.

The keyboard you linked has Romer-G switches apparently.

Associate
OP
So Cherry still very much the way to go then? I will likely go for Brown over Blue in that case.
My main line of thought was whether any of the major manufacturers had managed to replicate or better the cherry switches (eg the Logitech Romer-G on the board linked or Razer's own switches they're now using)?

s k

s k

Associate
There are lots of companies making clone cherry mx switches, many see them as superior. There are gateron, outemu and kailh, to name a few. Personally I really like kailh box switches.

Man of Honour
I have that same Blackwideo keyboard with blue switches. I did love it until my son got a Logitech G413 with Romer-G switches and I think I prefer them.

Associate
OP
I have that same Blackwideo keyboard with blue switches. I did love it until my son got a Logitech G413 with Romer-G switches and I think I prefer them.
Thanks Hades this is very useful.
How would you compare the feel of the Blackwidow to the G413?
I love the heavy tactile feel of the Cherry Blue switches but the clicking drives the wife mad...

Man of Honour
Thanks Hades this is very useful.
How would you compare the feel of the Blackwidow to the G413?
I love the heavy tactile feel of the Cherry Blue switches but the clicking drives the wife mad...
The romer g are still tactile but a lot lighter and quieter. Much quieter! Most people say they are similar to browns but I have not tried a brown.

Associate
OP
Thanks to all for the above advice. Ended up going for a Fnatic Gear Rush with Cherry MX Browns.
First day using it in anger today and loving the brown keys. Mrs has already commented that it's a lot quieter.

Back
Top Bottom