New Z390 and more ram needed

Associate
OP
I'm pulling my hair out now been honest, there isn't much to choose from in matx form

Gigabyte z390m
MSI z390m gaming edge - already found info Voltage regulator is under-cooled for heavy Core i9-9900K loads
Asus z390m tuf gaming
Asus Rog maximus XI gene which is nearly double in price of the other boards.

hmmm what to do now?

Associate
OP
My new z390 is fitted now, I went in the end for the MSI z390m, I had recently notice that the old H310 wasn't working great with the I7 8700, now so much better, CPU can constantly run at full speed.

Associate
FRom what I read before also purchasing an MSI Z390M board it should be fine for an i7-9700K with headroom for some OC.
The primary reason I choose it (there's not much choice out there) is that it had 4x DIMM and 2x M.2 with 5 PWM fan headers, somthing I thought I'd need when air cooling in a tight mATX case. The XI Gene looked interesting, but no way was I going to spend £400 on a baord for this build.

Associate
OP
FRom what I read before also purchasing an MSI Z390M board it should be fine for an i7-9700K with headroom for some OC.
The primary reason I choose it (there's not much choice out there) is that it had 4x DIMM and 2x M.2 with 5 PWM fan headers, something I thought I'd need when air cooling in a tight mATX case. The XI Gene looked interesting, but no way was I going to spend £400 on a baord for this build.

I was planning on getting the I9-9900k but I won't see the return on that CPU what I use for, along with you need decent board to OC that chip and there isn't much choice in Z390m I will have to settle on same CPU as yours so should have much problem OC that, I can't test any overclock apart form raising BCLK on my current CPU but run prime95 for 1H and no problems, so all in all fairly happy, I don't really get the software for audio, looks a bit gimmick if you ask me, Bios is nice and easy to use. Main advantage for me everything else works as it should moving away from cheap mobo, now I know the reason why the H series boards are so cheap, oh well live and learn in future spend bit more it will cost less in long run.

Back
Top Bottom