• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Don’t buy NEW intel CPU’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Don't buy 9900k chips girls and boys, these things cost loads of money.

I'll let you into a secret now... you can buy older Intel's for less money. Yup, straight up. No, this isn't an April fool's, older CPU's astonishingly cost less! Xeon that cost £1000 new, yours for a tenner now! Alternatively, grab a real bargain and get a Cyrix, owners will actually pay you to take them away!

Associate

I'll let you into a secret now... you can buy older Intel's for less money. Yup, straight up. No, this isn't an April fool's, older CPU's astonishingly cost less! Xeon that cost £1000 new, yours for a tenner now! Alternatively, grab a real bargain and get a Cyrix, owners will actually pay you to take them away!
:D , on the serious note- we need to start considering buying something from Intel, cause ARM is a bit behind and ALL of us need some competition.

Soldato

Way ahead of you man ;) Still rocking my 3770K.

Soldato
I've had a 6 core 5820K for over 2 years so I'm tempted to go 8 core via AMD so hopefully an OCUK bundle during black Friday will tempt me. Don't need to but I do like to play with new hardware periodically.

When a new platform comes out I have picked up kit from the B grade section as OCUK tend to get rid of old stock on there. Mostly motherboards. Best deals for Intel CPUs are engineering samples from Asia I've had several of them all less than £100.

Caporegime
Until intel can make 1 socket that lasts 3-5 generations. then it is game over. there is no way i can be bothered ripping out a mobo every gen and re-wiring it all again. plus the cost of doing all that is never really worth the upgrade.

AMD can't put a foot wrong it seems. Apart from everyone is upset about the fact they can't be overclocked. IMO this is great. No longer do I need to spend 3 years testing, reseting CMOS, running stress tests, just plug and play and be happy it's running as fast as it can. that is also a huge plus for me. more time to do things worth doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom