Greta Thunberg

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Ironically its the dark, ugly underbelly of humanity putting this kid on the stage.

A child being used and manipulated by the higher ups. Her parents should be ashamed.

She is a teenager FFS ..... What can she know other than "feelings?"

Cringeworthy speach for sure but sad to see children being blatantly manipulated (bear in mind she suffers from a host of conditions from aspergers syndrome and ADHD amongst others).

70980452_3306010922773224_3674479658579001344_n.jpg

Associate
I don't think it's Greta as much as grown adults worshipping her as a god-like deity. I've seen pictures of her superimposed as the Virgin Mary or some other saintly image with comments like "save us from our sins Greta" or "Greta saviour of humankind" it's creepy as hell although not at all unexpected from vacuous demented doomsayers.

I didn't really have much of an opinion on her until I saw that press conference. Jeez, that was cringey, there's a future suicide risk if ever i saw one. Especially when the masses move on to the next Messiah like they did with Malala Yousefzai.

Soldato
Maybe she is reverse psychologying couples that are planing or undecided on having kids into not having them by showing how annoying kids are.
Very similar sentiments shared in the office this morning and let's face it that's what actually needs to happen

Caporegime
I don't think it's Greta as much as grown adults worshipping her as a god-like deity. I've seen pictures of her superimposed as the Virgin Mary or some other saintly image with comments like "save us from our sins Greta" or "Greta saviour of humankind" it's creepy as hell although not at all unexpected from vacuous demented doomsayers.

They sound like satirical memes made by people who don't like her

Soldato
What about future generations? It's our responsibility to leave the planet in a better state than we found it, no one needs to suffer.

What about future generations? People seemingly don't care about current generations of people suffering and wanting to better their lot so why care about the future? Its all little boohoo stories according to Elfor

Caporegime
You don't have to be an adult to understand that killing is wrong. Esp beheading on film.

I'm not one of the people who has said that Greta is being manipulated (although I do think her sense of self-importance is being inflated by the constant media attention).

I'm not surprised that you'd try to shoehorn some leftist nonsense about forgiving ISIS recruits into this thread tho. Despite it being nowhere near similar.

Caporegime
What about future generations? People seemingly don't care about current generations of people suffering and wanting to better their lot so why care about the future? Its all little boohoo stories according to Elfor

No the boohoo is developing nations never Being allowed to achieve parity with the first wave industrial world. That is suicide for the planet.

Seeing as we westerners won't sacrifice our lifestyles, they cannot be allowed to consume as much as us.

It's ww3 territory.

I totally believe in climate change I studied geology and worked in the oil industry. The world is undeniably warming and we are clearly losing the battle on waste management.

I'm just sick of ****** proposals when it comes to energy production etc. Build 1000 fission plants job done for a few generations.
I'm sick of the green agenda being piggy packed onto other political issues.
I pay so much bloody environment tax as Swedish citizen/resident for what? So 4 billion others can not give a poop?

People need to get real and be real, no one will do jack, if it hurts their little lifestyle too hard.

:p feels good to rant.

When thanos snapped his fingers I screamed with joy.

Associate
No the boohoo is developing nations never Being allowed to achieve parity with the first wave industrial world. That is suicide for the planet.

Seeing as we westerners won't sacrifice our lifestyles, they cannot be allowed to consume as much as us.

It's ww3 territory.

I totally believe in climate change I studied geology and worked in the oil industry. The world is undeniably warming and we are clearly losing the battle on waste management.

I'm just sick of ****** proposals when it comes to energy production etc. Build 1000 fission plants job done for a few generations.
I'm sick of the green agenda being piggy packed onto other political issues.
I pay so much bloody environment tax as Swedish citizen/resident for what? So 4 billion others can not give a poop?

People need to get real and be real, no one will do jack, if it hurts their little lifestyle too hard.

:p feels good to rant.

When thanos snapped his fingers I screamed with joy.

I want to watch what happens after Endgame when people realise that food + energy production has been massively ramped down in the previous years, and that around half the population will starve to death or start wars to fight over diminished resources. A bit like what will eventually happen when the eventual diasporas happen due to rising sea levels and loss of arable land.

Edit: I completely agree about nuclear energy being a key component in solving this problem.

Man of Honour
So what you are saying is that the Western World has destroyed the planet in just over 100 years (of which you are a beneficiary of and still are) so there is no room to let developing nations improve their lot, even though we are continuing as if not much has changed but they shouldn't and then paint them as the bogey men. Always interesting when the wealthy dictate morality isn't it?

Always interesting when morality is dictated by people who don't even believe their own arguments.

We're being told that environmental problems can be solved relatively easily and with only benefits for everyone and the only problem is that people over 25/"the west"/big businesses/white men/Jews/<insert desired target group here> don't want to have the problem solved because they are BAD.

If that's the case, then it would be even easier for a developing country to solve environmental problems because it will be less burdened with existing infrastructure. They could easily leapfrog countries that are burdened that way.

But of course what we're being told by "activists" (many of whom are not really active, just given a loud voice) is not true. At least some of them know it. Maybe Greta Thurnberg doesn't, since she doesn't seem to know much about the subject, but some at least some of them do. They can't all be that ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom