• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
OT but can you recommend some settings for The Withcer 3? Been ages since i tried it and fancied giving the single player a go.

From memory i recall the game using excessive tessellation, but even maxed out the 5700 XT seems to handle it at 60FPS at 3440x1440.

That said i would like to try and increase the FPS a bit further towards 75, any tweaks you can recommend that increase FPS but don't hurt image quality?

Tessellation performance always gets improved if using custom profile with AMD Tessellation optimization on, especially in Nvidia sponsored games using gimpworks.
I do not have that game to test something though, but playing Arkham Knight atm (thank you EPIC for giving it for free).

Caporegime
Don't @ me, but the 5700 XT AE looks better than all the other 5700 XTs, in my opinion. :cool:

Stock clocks 2063Mhz, undervolted to to 1.138v and it is at 2000Mhz+ core clock in game at a maximum fan speed of 50%.

Soldato
Hi Guys, I just got myself one of these I have the Sapphire 5700XT as part of a new build, but i'm getting random system crashes and it makes no sense.

So I have a Fresh build all parts bought from here, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 on a Asus Prime x470-Pro board, the issue is when playing anything a little taxing after about 3-5 minutes I get as total system crash and reboot.

I have a 700w Bronze 80 PSU that shouldn't have any issues and system temps are all looking ok, so far only peaking at ~70 on both GPU and CPU.

I have tried a couple of versions of drivers but OCUk did all the FW on the motherboard.

Which 700W bronze PSU?

Associate
Hi Guys, I just got myself one of these I have the Sapphire 5700XT as part of a new build, but i'm getting random system crashes and it makes no sense.

So I have a Fresh build all parts bought from here, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 on a Asus Prime x470-Pro board, the issue is when playing anything a little taxing after about 3-5 minutes I get as total system crash and reboot.

I have a 700w Bronze 80 PSU that shouldn't have any issues and system temps are all looking ok, so far only peaking at ~70 on both GPU and CPU.

I have tried a couple of versions of drivers but OCUk did all the FW on the motherboard.

Same thing i got, full system lock up and then pc restarts happens randomly while playing classic wow.

Soldato
Don't @ me, but the 5700 XT AE looks better than all the other 5700 XTs, in my opinion. :cool:

Stock clocks 2063Mhz, undervolted to to 1.138v and it is at 2000Mhz+ core clock in game at a maximum fan speed of 50%.

Auto undervolt is 1.132v, you haven't done enough muahah.

And yes I agree with your post. My AE is been great and while I have a waterblock for it since August 10th, haven't been bothered yet because the card is fine.

Caporegime
Auto undervolt is 1.132v, you haven't done enough muahah.

And yes I agree with your post. My AE is been great and while I have a waterblock for it since August 10th, haven't been bothered yet because the card is fine.
Any lower and it crashes, unfortunately. But, i am happy with that and i often use slightly lower clocks (2011Mhz) to get lower voltage/fan speed.

Associate
Which 700W bronze PSU?
it WAS a Kolink one, however I have now resolved the issue I bought a Cool Master 700W issue solved. Had 3 days full running now, Subnautica, WoWS, Squad and last night Ghost Recon all no issues at all.

Same thing i got, full system lock up and then pc restarts happens randomly while playing classic wow.
Try the Power supply once I changed issue solved.

I completed Furmark multiple time and 1 hour stress test once I swapped it.

Link to the pass mark score it completed.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=127367334108

Soldato
@LtMatt was playing tonight with the setting of the AE and need to investigate further.
However tried 1044mv, 1980Mhz clock (yes underclocked it also) and without touching anything else the AE not only is faster, but runs more cool and no more than 30db when gaming/benching. (down from 35db).

Soldato
That's probably why, i see more heat and fan speed with it at +20%, even with an undervolt.
Without tweaking anything but lower core & power and raising the ram speed to 910 got this result. On air, in a room having 30C. (I am in Greece still).
And had the phone measuring the noise which was fluctuating between 28-32db.
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/8696745

Considering the best watercooling graphic result with iced water is just 10% higher and haven't finished tweaking, leaving the default fan curve.

Associate
I just bought by first ATI card after 20 years with Nvidia. I got the Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro for 430 Euros with 2 games included. Lowest I could find it is 500 in Europe.

I was ready to buy a Gigabyte 2070 Super for 100 Euros more but this offer was too good to pass! I must say I'm really excited! :D

Is there anything to be worried about with this transition? Drivers? Compatibility with my existing system (4770K @ 4.5, 8GB RAM, Seasonic 650w PSU)? Will it play nicely with my incoming LG 27GL850 monitor?

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought by first ATI card after 20 years with Nvidia. I got the Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro for 430 Euros with 2 games included. Lowest I could find it is 500 in Europe.

I was ready to buy a Gigabyte 2070 Super for 100 Euros more but this offer was too good to pass! I must say I'm really excited! :D

Is there anything to be worried about with this transition? Drivers? Compatibility with my existing system (4770K @ 4.5, 8GB RAM, Seasonic 650w PSU)? Will it play nicely with my incoming LG 27GL850 monitor?

One of my pcs had a GTX 1060 before. All I had to do was use Window's own uninstall tool and uninstalled nVidia Driver. Download the latest driver from AMD. Don't use the auto scan thing. Install card and install driver using Express Method. I never use DDU.

You might want to reset cmos before installing the 5700XT.

Last edited:
Associate
One of my pcs had a GTX 1060 before. All I had to do was use Window's own uninstall tool and uninstalled nVidia Driver. Download the latest driver from AMD. Don't use the auto scan thing. Install card and install driver using Express Method. I never use DDU.

You might want to reset cmos before installing the 5700XT.

It's replacing a 780 3GB so I'm guessing it's a pretty big upgrade? Also upgrading from 1080p 60hz to 1440p 144hz Freesync/Gsync monitor, I haven't been this excited in a long time! :D

Back
Top Bottom