*** Nintendo Switch ***

Man of Honour
He says he just wants a better 3DS so the lite fits that perfectly.

It's not £20-30 it's £50-60, that's taking into account the money you get back for the dock, not insignificant for those who don't have a lot of cash for luxuries like a Switch.

The Switch can be easily had for £260 if you check HotUKDeals (even £240 new if you trust those sources...), so taking off the £30 for selling the dock and PSU (I use a £1.50 USB-C cable to charge mine) makes it £30 difference to the £200 Lite.

If drift ends up a thing on the Lite I wouldn't be happy. I can't deny though that it is a desirable bit of kit. For me though some games need a TV (Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, BoTW, Mario Odyssey) - personal preference obviously. Anyway it's the buyers choice and either way you'll have access to a great and growing library of games.

It already has for some people. It uses the same joystick internals as the joy con, which is going to be fun when sending it into Nintendo to repair.

They have an annoying habit of wiping system memory during repairs (they did with mine when investigating my joy con disconnecting issues), so you can say goodbye to your Pokemon, Splatoon, or any of the other saves that can't be backed up (or all your saves if you don't pay for Nintendo online) if you have to send the whole console in for repair.

I'm very grateful that I can just send in the joy cons and keep playing with other controllers and not risk losing my saves.

Edit: I forgot to add that rumble is completely missing from the Lite, and some games are also not compatible with the system.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Switch can be easily had for £260 (even £240 new if you trust those sources...), so taking off the £30 for selling the dock and PSU (I use a £1.50 USB-C cable to charge mine) makes it £30 difference to the £200 Lite.
You can't just use discounted prices vs the RRP of the lite. The Lite could be had for £189 with Link's Awakening. Sell that for £40 and you have a £150 Switch Lite. You can pick one up for £170 on Very on it's own right now. See I can do that too.

Man of Honour
You can't just use discounted prices vs the RRP of the lite. The Lite could be had for £189 with Link's Awakening. Sell that for £40 and you have a £150 Switch Lite. You can pick one up for £170 on Very on it's own right now. See I can do that too.

I used the cheapest prices that I can find both consoles for currently, excluding flat 10% discounts etc that would apply for both consoles. If that's not reasonable then I think we're done with this discussion.

If the Lite can be had with Zelda for £189 then it is indeed an interesting proposition, despite the large number of flaws.

Edit: Ah, I see that you only apply the discounts (which I excluded for both) to the Lite for some reason. You can apply the same discounts to their £260 Switch and save even more.

Soldato
I can actually fit the lite in my Jean pocket.

It's not too much of a trade off as the screen is only about 0.5 of an inch smaller.

No rumble hasn't really bothered me yet, Mario Odessey works fine as they patched it so screen shales when near the hidden things. BotW is very playable in handheld.

The trade offs are fine for me but one day I may get the bigger Switch again.

Associate
If drift ends up a thing on the Lite I wouldn't be happy. I can't deny though that it is a desirable bit of kit. For me though some games need a TV (Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, BoTW, Mario Odyssey) - personal preference obviously. Anyway it's the buyers choice and either way you'll have access to a great and growing library of games.

I agree, I use mine a ton in handheld but some games are just better on a tv, mario odyssey I just couldn't get into in handheld mode but on a TV I loved it. Personal preference I guess

Personally I would always pick a og switch over a lite, that being said I wouldn't mind having both Haha and if my only option was a lite I wouldn't be disappointed

Soldato
I used the cheapest prices that I can find both consoles for currently, excluding flat 10% discounts etc that would apply for both consoles. If that's not reasonable then I think we're done with this discussion.

If the Lite can be had with Zelda for £189 then it is indeed an interesting proposition, despite the large number of flaws.

Edit: Ah, I see that you only apply the discounts (which I excluded for both) to the Lite for some reason. You can apply the same discounts to their £260 Switch and save even more.

The flaws would be?

Very impressed at the price of this product, got the yellow lite I think it's well made feels nicer in my hands than the original switch.

Soldato
Why hasn’t the lite got any rumble ? Only other thing that puts me off is the smaller screen as I always prefer a bigger screen when there’s an option, phones monitors and TVs etc think it would subconsciously bother me haha

Got the mother picking up the new Zelda on the way home looking forward to that as I never played the original :)

Back
Top Bottom