Skip company damaged lawn advice

Soldato
So the neighbours across the street had a skip delivered, came home noticed they had drove over the lawn and caused damage, emailed the company they asked for photos and what do we want them do?

So do i

Not bother, stop being petty it will grow back, or is there more to this, i was thinking its close to a drain but that's me being paranoid or is that a valid point?

Lawn and garden is rough due to not being in the house long and having the interior as a priority so no "your garden is crap anyway" :)

what do you think i should ask them for :)

Associate
Same kind of cowboys operating heavy machinery at construction sites, and a nearly miss every minute.
The grass will eventually recover, but some work will be needed.
Not as bad as some reckless white van who knocked down a brick wall of a friend's house.

Soldato
That’s pretty bad. I’d be asking for the lawn to be flattened and re-turfed. It’d be bad enough if the lorry drove over the edge but it’s gone slap bang over the middle as well.

Soldato
OP
It gets even better, since emailing them this morning about the problem they have collected and dropped off another skip today and gone over it again!

New pic right

Email them that you are planning to setup a first world war reenactment society based on your front lawn, as they are making such good progress forming the ditches can they confirm when they will have them completed.

Im guessing they are reversing the skip on a drive or something so the easiest way is just to turn on the edge of your ditch complex grass

May not be the smartest bit of grass but thats taking the **** to be fair

Soldato
Omg, it's mud and grass!! Just worry about something more important that you can do to better your life.

At the end if the day, let the grass grow and it got rained on a few times and it will be fine in a couple of years.

Associate
Its mud and grass that was just proper grass before, yeah sure it will be fine in a few years so what.

If that was my place i would have reached orbit by now and someone would be crying at the other end of a phone line.

Soldato
I'd perhaps get a quote to re-turf and tell them to sort it.

They have damaged your properly, whether it's grass or a fence or anything, they should be made to sort it out, doesn't matter if it's 'only grass'.

Associate
Omg, it's mud and grass!! Just worry about something more important that you can do to better your life.

At the end if the day, let the grass grow and it got rained on a few times and it will be fine in a couple of years.
Believe or not, some people take pride about where they live, and coming home, to a place well kept is a big deal, specially considering the every so high costs of living.
For some people a car is just a car too. Specially the 200 quid no insurance, MOT and road unworthy which dents other cars doors.

Soldato
Believe or not, some people take pride about where they live, and coming home, to a place well kept is a big deal, specially considering the every so high costs of living.
For some people a car is just a car too. Specially the 200 quid no insurance, MOT and road unworthy which dents other cars doors.
That's a bit different. If a car gets damaged it stays damaged. This is grass and soil that will repair on its own. Yes it's a bit of an eye sore but it doesn't take long for the grass to grow back again. Its just a bit ott to expect compensation for a bit of lawn that doesn't even look that good or well kept anyway.

If it was clearly a bed of flowers that was meticulously kept and looked after the yes, make a complaint, but this is just some grass on a verge.

Associate
Problem is the damage wasn't simply a light car driving over it or few children's walking over it. The grass and soil are now compacted. Will require too soil, seeds, watering and time. And won't be able to do at this time of the year.
I can't tell for sure if the grass was that bad. Mine, despite all the money and time spent, last week got a few dry patches. Sorted now, but I may spend more time and money on my lawn than I do on drinks, but someone looking at it last week would think otherwise.
And even if it was a nest of cat poo, the driver shouldn't be driving over that area. I may be wrong, but doesn't look like a very busy road where the driver have to rush and drive like a jerk. Possibly rushing, vaping or necking a 20p generic redbull while manoeuvring.

Back
Top Bottom