Lenovo Legion Y27gq - 240 Hz / 2560x1440 G-Sync

Associate
Spectacular visuals for extreme gaming with a 240Hz refresh rate and advanced @nvidiaG-SYNC HDR technology. #LenovoCES

The Lenovo Legion Y27gq-25 combines the extreme refresh rate of 240Hz, the fastest response time of 0.5ms, and the
advanced NVIDIA ®️ G-SYNC™ R3 technology for an insanely fast and smooth gaming experience. Minimized screen tearing,
display stutter, and input lag allow you to enjoy distraction-free gaming. With enhanced responsiveness and reduced motion
blur you can take full advantage of the crucial split-seconds during fast-paced gaming sessions.

Permabanned
£999 what the hell are you all smoking?

For:
HDR
GSYNC
240HZ

Against:
Price is literally double the 0.5ms 24inch panels
Two inches larger with same quality ppi as 1080p
No games really use HDR yet on PC
TN image quality is not worth £999 ever
Loses flexiblity of DSR thus only blurry TAA at 98ppi

Associate
its admittedly quite expensive but at the same time its the first 1440p monitor capable of 240hz, its £849 without the speaker and is definitely a premium item if you have the money to afford it as most items at this level are. Ive never seen much difference between image quality having had both ips and tn panels next to each other and think the tn was actually nicer (dell s2716dg vs acer Predator XB271HUBMIPRZ). I know a few people who have been stuck on 144hz at 1440p for years because there is nothing to upgrade to unless you want 4k but then you need more graphical power. Still waiting for reviews though as so far there have only been a few hands on posts via reddit.

Soldato
So this monitor has finally been released and is finally available in the uk direct from the manufacturer , any chances of overclockers selling this ?

Some units are starting to enter the channel.

This is the first of a next generation of TN panel and I am quite excited to see it in person. Everyone that saw it in motion at CES was very positive.

For me this is all about blur reduction and motion resolution.

Permabanned
What blur reduction i could find no info on gsync r3. ULMB works seperate to gsync also it is part of the modules function. So what did i miss? It should strobe at 144hz but you all emply and talk like you expected gsync and strobing or ulmb on this how come?

I am under the impression only Asus with ELMB sync can strobe and sync at the same time. This is why i find this unappealing as a monitor i want strobing.

Associate
What blur reduction i could find no info on gsync r3. ULMB works seperate to gsync also it is part of the modules function. So what did i miss? It should strobe at 144hz but you all emply and talk like you expected gsync and strobing or ulmb on this how come?

I am under the impression only Asus with ELMB sync can strobe and sync at the same time. This is why i find this unappealing as a monitor i want strobing.
If the UFO test has no visible ghosting, surely that's good enough. Asus' ULMB + GSync lineup has been unimpressive so far, and even if the TN version looks better, it still has the drawbacks of strobing like some flicker or headaches for those sensitive to it.

Permabanned
If the UFO test has no visible ghosting, surely that's good enough. Asus' ULMB + GSync lineup has been unimpressive so far, and even if the TN version looks better, it still has the drawbacks of strobing like some flicker or headaches for those sensitive to it.

Ok but that is impossible with sample and hold again you are talking like no blur exists but where did this come from? My question was did i miss the technology used here for no blur, Or is this simply a normal 240hz gysnc display.

Now then even 240hz has blur, 0.5ms TN still has blur for the ufo test to have no visable blur you need strobing period its wrong to say if the ufo motion shows none because im guessing this is subjective? Some people claim 24fps is enough and some might claim there is no ufo motion blur when someone like me might buy one compare it to a strobed display and blame you for suggesting it had no blur :p

So it does matter and im utterly confused why you said no visable blur and another post said does this approach ULMB? How could it? All i can see here is a normal 240hz sample and hold LCD which always has blur. So im confused why people keep mentioning blur reduction have i missed something because it seems there is no blur reduction and the person claiming it has no visable blur is basically unable to do a comparison and has simply claimed there is no blur.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom