*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Thanks for input guys. Don't have funds for a og switch and I need to get it from John Lewis as I have a 100 voucher that needs using soon. I can afford the lite but not the of, I don't have the extra to put towards it. I'm doing up a house I just bought and fancied some portable gun in an empty house haha.
Is the lite really that bad, as reviews have been pretty good. I never played the original switch so won't know what I'm missing and plus I have an awful TV that puts me off playing games on my PS4. I only have a £100 cash to put towards my John Lewis voucher to buy a switch lite. I got on with a 3ds which is slot smaller screen.
I will be playing all the Zelda games and all the exclusives that interest me, so I hope that the lite will be adequate for playing these games it was designed for. It's just a fancier 3ds that I'm after, will I be disappointed?

Soldato
Thanks for input guys. Don't have funds for a og switch and I need to get it from John Lewis as I have a 100 voucher that needs using soon. I can afford the lite but not the of, I don't have the extra to put towards it. I'm doing up a house I just bought and fancied some portable gun in an empty house haha.
Is the lite really that bad, as reviews have been pretty good. I never played the original switch so won't know what I'm missing and plus I have an awful TV that puts me off playing games on my PS4. I only have a £100 cash to put towards my John Lewis voucher to buy a switch lite. I got on with a 3ds which is slot smaller screen.
I will be playing all the Zelda games and all the exclusives that interest me, so I hope that the lite will be adequate for playing these games it was designed for. It's just a fancier 3ds that I'm after, will I be disappointed?
If you want it get it.

The lite really is a fantastic bit of gaming tech. I've been using mine non stop since Monday.

Soldato
Why hasn’t the lite got any rumble ? Only other thing that puts me off is the smaller screen as I always prefer a bigger screen when there’s an option, phones monitors and TVs etc think it would subconsciously bother me haha

Got the mother picking up the new Zelda on the way home looking forward to that as I never played the original :)
I think it's size or battery reasons, but then most handhelds from Nintendo haven't had rumble. It's really not something that I miss when playing the lite.

The screen is only 0.5 inch smaller than the normal Switch so it's not much of a difference really.

Associate

You wont be disappointed, I've not got a lite but it seems to be getting very good reviews, if you dont care about gaming on the TV then you really are not losing out on much by not getting a og. Go use your voucher and get yourself some zelda action!

Man of Honour
Surely go for the original console, not the light.

Games like Mario Oddessy will be such a pain without the joy cons... well, just harder, since wiggling the joy cons is a thing.

Man of Honour
Why hasn’t the lite got any rumble ? Only other thing that puts me off is the smaller screen as I always prefer a bigger screen when there’s an option, phones monitors and TVs etc think it would subconsciously bother me haha

Got the mother picking up the new Zelda on the way home looking forward to that as I never played the original :)

They cut as many corners as possible to hit their price point. There are a lot stories about vendors having been negotiat4ed with very aggressively to get the margins down.

So far in the sale I have decided to pick up:
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Transistor
  • Flipping Death
  • Stick it to the man
That list will probably grow...

Is the lite really that bad, as reviews have been pretty good.

No, it's not bad at all as long as you are aware of the potential disadvantages, which don't seem to be relevant to you. Get it, and enjoy! There are a lot of free demos on the eShop, and you can save a lot by buying from the South African eShop in general.

Soldato
They cut as many corners as possible to hit their price point. There are a lot stories about vendors having been negotiat4ed with very aggressively to get the margins down.

So far in the sale I have decided to pick up:
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Transistor
  • Flipping Death
  • Stick it to the man
That list will probably grow...

i read that some lites have the drift issue already, not enountered it my self on my 9 month old orginal but i play docked a lot with the pro controller.

that would be the only thing i have against the lite as you would have to send in the whole console instead of a joy con, seems like the lite would be a awesome 3ds upgrade though :)

Man of Honour
i read that some lites have the drift issue already, not enountered it my self on my 9 month old orginal but i play docked a lot with the pro controller.

that would be the only thing i have against the lite as you would have to send in the whole console instead of a joy con, seems like the lite would be a awesome 3ds upgrade though :)

I only got drift issues a few eeeks ago on my launch Switch, which has seen hundreds of hours of play. I repaired my joy con myself for £4 rather than sending it into Nintendo as the joysticks I bought can't be any worse than the bottom of the barrel joysticks Nintendo use :p

Soldato

I don't have the drift issue on my launch console either, probably because I do play it docked and rarely take it out my travels.

Hopefully I don't get the drift issue with my Lite as I be playing that more and dealing with Nintendo returns support isn't the best from my original DS experience.

Associate
Anyone picking up Dragon Quest 11 for the switch? Lot of my local Argos don't have any stock surprisingly, cheapest online i've found is from SimplyGames for £39.99 and next up is £44.99.
Smyths is selling it for £44.99 if people are after physical copy locally, then Argos has 2 listing on their website strangely.

Soldato
I will get it at some point but not this year. Half way through Link's Awakening then I've got Astral Chain and Fire Emblem to get back to plus an ever growing digital backlog. Not enough time!

Back
Top Bottom