World of Warcraft: Classic

Associate
Good BFD run last night, no deaths and a few nice drops. Gravestone Sceptre was a nice bonus, should keep me going for a while. I think the 5 man content is my favourite, especially if you get a good group. I like seeing what the non optimal groups can do, we had a warrior, a paladin, warlock and two priests. Seemed quite smooth :)
My experince so far has been that 5 mans are great unless you have a mage or hunter. Then they get bored with the pace, start pulling extra and get ratty when you cant hold agro on 5 extra mobs ontop of the 4 you allready pulled. They trap and start aoeing and I ask my self why they bothered spamming for 15 minutes to get a tank in the first place.

Soldato
Hit 30 last night on my warrior and with the help of guild mates farmed the quests for Whirlwind axe...upgrading from a 79 damage mace to a 154 damage axe, oh hell yes.

In Southshore last night, the ratio of horde:Ally I saw was literally 20:1. Luckily none were interested in me but it seems to be a terrible ratio on noggen.
its not as bad as one layer or one area will make out, the last time census was able to pull data it was 35k alliance to 45k horde.

Soldato
Hit 30 last night on my warrior and with the help of guild mates farmed the quests for Whirlwind axe...upgrading from a 79 damage mace to a 154 damage axe, oh hell yes.

its not as bad as one layer or one area will make out, the last time census was able to pull data it was 35k alliance to 45k horde.

It's been like this whenever I've tried to quest there.

I'm skipping whirlwind and just soldiering on until I get bonebiter. Level 34 now.

Soldato
Yeah having a few 60's on hand to help really made it worth it, and I brought all the other stuff off AH for around 6g. I am get to actually play with it, but games night tonight some smashing is gonna get done :D

Soldato
Started playing last night - dinged 7. Liking it so far compared to retail, its just a slower more considerate experience.
I hope they dont go adding in all the expansions (like whats the point), I kind of wish they just bolted on the raids/dungeons somehow and tuned them for better gear instead of higher levels.

Soldato
My experince so far has been that 5 mans are great unless you have a mage or hunter. Then they get bored with the pace, start pulling extra and get ratty when you cant hold agro on 5 extra mobs ontop of the 4 you allready pulled. They trap and start aoeing and I ask my self why they bothered spamming for 15 minutes to get a tank in the first place.

I played both those classes in Vanilla. Very good classes but popular with bad players. Hunter had so much utility but it's rare to see good ones, with FD the best pulling class by far. Saved many a healer with pet taunt.

Soldato
I thought Rogues were going to be overplayed, but man, Mages and Hunters are everywhere. Really enjoying it so far, but tempted to re-roll (playing a Mage :p) to something a bit less populated and something else I can have fun with. Going back to all of these old instances though as they were back then have been so much fun.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Managed to get Giantstalker's shoulders and Striker's Mark from an MC pick-up group the other day, also killed Onyxia.

Boosted my mates through Uldaman too yesterday, got Pendulum of Doom :cool:

Associate
I'm 36 with 15g. No idea where the other 85g is going to come from by 40. :(
It doest come by 40,but it most likely will by 42-43.
You are both in the level brackets where you should be living in SM, this is a good gold return especially if you get lucky on BOE drops. While questing you will be starting new zones (STV for example). That has a ramp up in the number of quests and the gold they offer. By the time you have completed a few of the harder group quests and done a few runs of RFD you will see the money ramp up.

Associate
Any ideas how to grind 40g in one level ? :) STV is out the question as I get killed they're quicker than I can pull a mob down.

(Lvl 39 holy spec priest :))

Depending on your server you can sell elemental earth from the elementals in badlands. Spend the level there and it can be quite lucrative.

Soldato
Any ideas how to grind 40g in one level ? :) STV is out the question as I get killed they're quicker than I can pull a mob down.

(Lvl 39 holy spec priest :))

The truth is some time is required grinding lucrative stuff or a very lucky drop. I'm already planning out at lvl 30. Earned more gold grinding in half a level than a while level questing. Slower to gain xp though, at least that's my experience.

Soldato
kill mobs that u can get silk from & sell on AH ;)

The silk market is vastly over supplied and not worth incurring AH cut and loss of deposit if you don't sell.

Turn the silk into heavy silk bandages and vendor it. You'll make just as much with no risk.

Just grinding out quests, looting and vendoring ALL trash will see a big influx of gold.

Soldato
Silk stack goes for 35 silver on my server, I made about 4/5 gold in trash from an uldaman run tonight. So think I'll just keep doing SM / Uldaman :)

Heavy leather seems to be worth 45/50 a stack so my be worth farming bigger animals too

Ske

Ske

Associate
I bought my mount at 40. Made most of my gold from selling Bags - I'm a Tailor. Still selling Silk bags for around 40/45s each and they cost ~12s to craft & list on the AH.
Didn't bother pairing Enchanting with Tailoring so I'm levelling Herbalism as my 2nd profession. Took me a couple of hours last night to get up to 150 in skill. Didn't want to be questing in the higher zones and miss out on those herbs!

Soldato
When I played in Vanilla I had very little knowledge of what I was doing other than some help from a friend who played it since launch a few months earlier. I played non stop and was never able to afford the epic mount despite the hours I put in. Last night I bought my epic mount, I also bought my level 40 mount the moment I hit 40 with 30-40g spare.

The difference this time? I didn't buy anything from the AH when levelling, I sold the items I looted on the AH (that I knew would have a high chance to sell). I didn't find any epics, blues or items worth hundreds of gold, but I didn't buy every skill upgrade from the class trainer until around level 42 once I had my regular mount. Once I hit 60 I carried on using the same rules, not spending on anything from AH and completing max level quests for 5 gold 97 silver and usually an item to vendor for more gold, random crap from dungeon runs on AH and to the vendor (greed rolled blues for gold etc) and I was finally able to buy my epic mount.

For me it was that simple, but it's also reminding yourself not to give into temptation when you see something on the AH you can afford that whilst it will benefit you, the epic mount is just, epic.

Soldato
Tanked SM Cathedral at 36 last night, took a while and struggled to hold aggro but we got through it with just 1 wipe. This means I've got my Bonebiter (plus Herod's shoulders, the shield and a couple of scarlet pieces) Whoop!

Associate
This was a good time sync on my work trip but now I've been back I'm really lacking the enthusiasm for the grind.

Level 31 rogue, dreading the idea of another nearly 30 levels.

Back
Top Bottom