Mountain Biking

Soldato
if PP have just been bought out by that new Forestal startup - will that mean a change to future Shans? (for better or worse...)

Yes, and I really hope they stay away from e-bikes. Which is what Forestal make. I think the whole facade about a Ti bike is a bit of hearsay. Forestal make E-bikes...

I really hope Production Privee stick to their routes as their current No.5 frame is brilliant along with their current crop of HT frames.

Soldato
Got a massive tear in my front tyre tonight. Never really liked them, they're Continental X Trails Kings or something. Crap in the mud, of which there will be plenty over the winter.

Anyone got any recommendations for some 29 tyres that don't cost too much? I have some 26' Maxxis Ardent on my old bike and thought they good till I gave the bike to the missus. Are they good value nowadays?

Soldato
Hans Dampf?

the cheaper version is only £25
https://www.merlincycles.com/schwal...liateMarketing&utm_campaign=phg-GB&source=PHG

havent used the cheaper one but wouldn't run anything else than Magic Mary or Hans Dampf

fancier HD is £36 on bikediscount.de, think the old difference is the £££ one has the snakeskin sidewall

depends on how radical you want to get, MM / HD is best combo for serious stuff
HD / Nobby nic if you are a bit more of a pootler

Soldato
Happy Friday all!

Got myself one of the sixsixone reset helmets its really comfortable, got an XL as I have a big head and post brain tumor op in 2016 want to make sure I don't have any more hospital visits :D

Are their any recommended goggles/glasses I can use (got to Chick Sands which is 10 mins drive from my house) as getting something in your eye when flying down a trail is not a nice experience

Soldato
Happy Friday all!

Got myself one of the sixsixone reset helmets its really comfortable, got an XL as I have a big head and post brain tumor op in 2016 want to make sure I don't have any more hospital visits :D

Are their any recommended goggles/glasses I can use (got to Chick Sands which is 10 mins drive from my house) as getting something in your eye when flying down a trail is not a nice experience

Brink not got any you can try?

I Tend to go goggles nowadays (its more socially acceptable these days with a normal (not full face) helmet :D)

currently I use the smith ones, which are excellent (although pricey ish) but they have ventilation that helps with not fogging up
I've had 100% ones are nice enough (and cheaper) people say the fox ones are fine too - both on CRC from £20-£35 ish

Soldato
Brink not got any you can try?

I Tend to go goggles nowadays (its more socially acceptable these days with a normal (not full face) helmet :D)

currently I use the smith ones, which are excellent (although pricey ish) but they have ventilation that helps with not fogging up
I've had 100% ones are nice enough (and cheaper) people say the fox ones are fine too - both on CRC from £20-£35 ish

I've got a fear of damaging my face in some way and head also, although it makes me look like a pro and am clearly not a pro :D

I'll take a look now, thanks!

Soldato
Winter is coming :D

I bought 2 new bikes over summer but will likely use the old one for those conditions that destroy the drive chain.

Been looking at rail to trail and canal type routes for this winter for extra fitness.

That’s what I used to do but got bored with constant bike cleaning and maintenance so now do road riding over winter :eek:

Soldato
Road riding is for fat middle aged men and failed mountain bikers :D

In my day we used to ride t’penny farthing down’t Jacobs ladder in t’dark if we wanted an easy ride, none of that Lardy dah suspension or helmets :mad:

I started mountain biking in the early 1990’s before suspension and even v-brakes, going down Jacobs ladder in the Peak District with no real brakes and no suspension was painful and terrifying. Newer bikes are much better and don’t leave you feeling like you have been in a cage fight that you lost :)

Back
Top Bottom