World of Warcraft: Classic

Permabanned
I have just been taking it easy, full casual mode, level 38.5, got about 40 gold, leveled cooking to 225(bit too low to level it more), leveled fishing to 200 ish, did a bit of Tarren mill battling. :D

Gonna hit SM this weekend and grind a bit. :)

Soldato
What's everyone's thoughts on BoE drops in dungeons and need/greed?

I always thought that any item, regardless of BoE, if you aren't going to equip it then you roll greed. Increasingly reading things where people are claiming the convention is (and always has been) that everyone 'needs' BoE rares/epics because you can sell them for loads of gold. But to me that epitomises what the greed button before. I get that you could argue that if say a cloth BoE worth 100g dropped and there was just one cloth wearer in the group and they wouldn't buy the BoE from the AH for 100g, then logically they would sell it if they won on greed. And therefore everyone should be able to roll fairly. In my mind though, you should be equipping that item even if you wouldn't buy it outright, and if you roll need to win a BoE you should equip it there and then for other party members to witness.

Permabanned
What's everyone's thoughts on BoE drops in dungeons and need/greed?

I always thought that any item, regardless of BoE, if you aren't going to equip it then you roll greed. Increasingly reading things where people are claiming the convention is (and always has been) that everyone 'needs' BoE rares/epics because you can sell them for loads of gold. But to me that epitomises what the greed button before. I get that you could argue that if say a cloth BoE worth 100g dropped and there was just one cloth wearer in the group and they wouldn't buy the BoE from the AH for 100g, then logically they would sell it if they won on greed. And therefore everyone should be able to roll fairly. In my mind though, you should be equipping that item even if you wouldn't buy it outright, and if you roll need to win a BoE you should equip it there and then for other party members to witness.

If you "need" something then it should only be for use, not to sell on the AH.

Don
If you "need" something then it should only be for use, not to sell on the AH.
The counter argument to that is if it’s non BoP then it’s greedy to expect everyone else to gear you up when you could just buy the item. It also addresses the ninja loot problem.

I used to be a greed person but I’m now a need person but I go with standard convention of greed and I just accept that in a lot of cases people are really just ninjaing the item for cash.

Soldato
The counter argument to that is if it’s non BoP then it’s greedy to expect everyone else to gear you up when you could just buy the item. It also addresses the ninja loot problem.

I used to be a greed person but I’m now a need person but I go with standard convention of greed and I just accept that in a lot of cases people are really just ninjaing the item for cash.
Blizzard should make it bind if you click need

Associate
Well I think Top Revenue Earners (A) on Noggenfogger is on its last legs due to low activity. There's an active 'sister guild' (if that's the right term) of some members that split off early that are recruiting, so I've transferred to them. I'm guessing more OCUK members will be most welcome in that guild.

Associate
Well I think Top Revenue Earners (A) on Noggenfogger is on its last legs due to low activity. There's an active 'sister guild' (if that's the right term) of some members that split off early that are recruiting, so I've transferred to them. I'm guessing more OCUK members will be most welcome in that guild.

Well it would have helped if the GM and the one officer didn't go inactive after barely a week :D

Associate
Well it would have helped if the GM and the one officer didn't go inactive after barely a week :D

Undoubtedly true. The final death knell for me was buying a guild tabard.. and seeing we have no guild tabard, just the blank default apron. Highly suggestive of a lack of effort to be guild-like by those who allegedly formed TRE, in that they haven't even attempted to muster up the 10g to make a tabard.

All hail the guild I'm now in that has some association with OCUK/the refugees of Top Revenue Earners. Come join :)

Permabanned

You should have stayed on Firemaw i think and sat out the queues and had ocuk guilds on each side. Maybe even pester Gibbo to do something creative like a saturday night sponsored menethil run olympics with a free game code for the winner. If you are promoting the name ingame i dont see why it could not work both ways right?

Soldato
What do you lot reckon about hunters needing leather.

They're allowed to wear leather and mail and they want agility/attack power/other dps stuff.

I had a salty PM after a dungeon from a rogue claiming I ninjaed a leather agility piece after I rolled against him and won.

(rogues wear leather and want agility also)

Associate
You should have stayed on Firemaw i think and sat out the queues and had ocuk guilds on each side. Maybe even pester Gibbo to do something creative like a saturday night sponsored menethil run olympics with a free game code for the winner. If you are promoting the name ingame i dont see why it could not work both ways right?

If I'd 'stayed' on Firemaw as planned on the OCUK forums, then one month+ into the game I'd probably be a level 5 right now.

Noggenfogger hits the sweet spot. High population server, and every now and then we have a queue of a few to several minutes, which is no doubt of great reassurance to the elitest jerks who think any server without a queue will be 'dead within a month', even though just about every established PVP server in WoW classic is overflowing to the brim and is only being restrained by sharding from being a full on Soylent Green overpopulation scenario.

Of course the Firemaw lot take great pride in that they still can't log in one month after launch, and no doubt there's several thousand players auto-running into walls all day every day in order to get game time, because otherwise 'dead server, lul!!!'

Last edited:
Soldato
Everyone knowns Skullflame is the best :) it's a shame we couldn't all go on the same realm, I gave up on firemaw after not getting logged in for four days, dunno why they choose a full server

bJN

bJN

Soldato

They're allowed to wear leather and mail and they want agility/attack power/other dps stuff.

I had a salty PM after a dungeon from a rogue claiming I ninjaed a leather agility piece after I rolled against him and won.

He's a rogue, therefore he's automatically wrong. Leather on a hunter is expected until 40+, and even after 40 some leather items will still provide a good stat buff over mail. He's just a salty boi.

Soldato
He's a rogue, therefore he's automatically wrong. Leather on a hunter is expected until 40+, and even after 40 some leather items will still provide a good stat buff over mail. He's just a salty boi.

Lol, not like rogue's don't roll on debatable gear. If it's an upgrade and you're going to equip it I've got no issues with anyone rolling on something better for them.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Most Hunter pre-raid best in slot gear is Leather. I lost these (https://classic.wowhead.com/item=12927/truestrike-shoulders) to a Fury warrior. Just ignore it mate.

Associate
It's because of how agility works in relation to critical strike chance.
Druids, Paladins, Shaman and Warriors receive 1% Critical Strike Chance for every 20 points of Agility. Rogues receive 1% Critical Strike Chance for every 29 points of Agility.
As Gee said, dps warriors BIS for pre raid is made up of quite a few pieces of leather.

Soldato
Had a week off and dinged 60 as a Orc Shammy. Just trying to max out herbalism and alchemy now. Not too sure what route I'm going to go after that. Am waiting for BG's as prefer to pvp rather than go full raid, but will see how long it takes for them to be implemented.

Back
Top Bottom