Saab 9-3 1.9TiD Vector Sport 2008 vs Honda Accord Type R 2000

Caporegime
The Honda is an 18 year old enthusiasts performance car. Given the questions you have asked it really seems like the wrong car for you. There will be better cars out there for 2500 quid for your needs.

Thread has to be a troll, can't even identify a manual gearbox but can change an engine, wtf.

Should i buy a diesel SaaB or spent over twice as much on a petrol accord, right.

Man of Honour
I'm 43 years old and I've never been to the service with me cars ... always repair my car myself .. last year i replaced all engine on my mercedes C250 TD
I see from answers i should get accord if is in good condition.

What do you want from a car? Do you want a 20 year old 'classic' performance car with all the fun and games that goes with such a thing? Or do you want a reasonably efficient nice enough family car? Because I can't think of many reasons why anyone would buy an Accord Type R now unless they were a Honda enthusiast who wanted a toy. Thats what they are now. And therefore never considered alongside a 10 year newer diesel Saab.

If you're the sort of person who would think yes - I'm ready for a 20 year old Type R - then you wouldn't even click 'diesel' in the Autotrader filter let alone shortlist a 1.9 TDI.

Associate
OP
What do you want from a car? Do you want a 20 year old 'classic' performance car with all the fun and games that goes with such a thing? Or do you want a reasonably efficient nice enough family car? Because I can't think of many reasons why anyone would buy an Accord Type R now unless they were a Honda enthusiast who wanted a toy. Thats what they are now. And therefore never considered alongside a 10 year newer diesel Saab.

If you're the sort of person who would think yes - I'm ready for a 20 year old Type R - then you wouldn't even click 'diesel' in the Autotrader filter let alone shortlist a 1.9 TDI.
I like accord but is 18 years old car .. thats why i ask which car .. now i need to decide myself..thanks everyone for suggestions.

Soldato
As with anything Japanese performance, they're creeping up in price. You only buy an old Honda Type-R if you really want one and can understand the maintenance etc that comes with it.

Soldato
By the looks of it you're just after any old Jap saloon, for the money, i'd be looking at a 7th gen Accord like this for example -
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201908191314246?make=HONDA&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=ACCORD&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&maximum-mileage=80000&postcode=cf103nd&page=2

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909071977644?make=HONDA&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=ACCORD&maximum-mileage=80000&postcode=cf103nd&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&page=2

It'll most likely be reliable all the way up to 200k like our old 2.0l 03 accord was (as long as you service it), though I'd be looking at the triptronic box if you're daily commuting it, but we don't know your requirements, but based on the ATR and Lexus IS200 i'm assuming something Japanese and saloon sized.

Tbh, an IS200 is probably not a bad shout either, I only driven one (albeit a ropey one) it felt alright to drive, It sounded nice due to it being a straight six (albeit again a very slow straight six) being a lexus most likely be very reliable and they seem cheap to pick up.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Have to say, not sure that I'd be wanting to deal with someone incapable of even correctly describing his "pride and joy". Just think of how much care he's likely to have given it.
I'd walk and find another one.

Soldato
It's a copy and paste from a Facebook ad, nearly all of them are incorrect, even from sellers who appear to know what they're selling. There must be some weird default template that adds 'automatic' automatically.

That accord had the wrong wheels though.

Caporegime
It's a copy and paste from a Facebook ad, nearly all of them are incorrect, even from sellers who appear to know what they're selling. There must be some weird default template that adds 'automatic' automatically.

That accord had the wrong wheels though.
Looks like Civic Type R wheels. It should have 5 spokes.

Back
Top Bottom