**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Apple, Google, Huawei, OnePlus and lots of others all use the same Sony sensors in their mobile phones, even Samsung who make their own sensors use Sony.
The difference between phone camera image quality comes down to software processing.

Soldato
Soldato
Apple, Google, Huawei, OnePlus and lots of others all use the same Sony sensors in their mobile phones, even Samsung who make their own sensors use Sony.
The difference between phone camera image quality comes down to software processing.

Huawei use leika cameras. The one in the Pro is the 48Mp Sony IMX586 sensor, its the same sensor my old honor view 20 had in it. It was OK but not as good as the cameras in the mate 20 x I picked up. The note 10 use a different sensor as do most but they tend to be made specially for them by Sony be it apple, Samsung. Nothing wrong with the sensor in the Op7 Pro but it's nothing special.

I would be buying a Op7 Pro for its amazing software personally and the pop up camera giving me full screen. I have been tempted many times to get one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Huawei use leika cameras. The one in the Pro is the 48Mp Sony IMX586 sensor, its the same sensor my old honor view 20 had in it. It was OK but not as good as the cameras in the mate 20 x I picked up. The note 10 use a different sensor as do most but they tend to be made specially for them by Sony be it apple, Samsung. Nothing wrong with the sensor in the Op7 Pro but it's nothing special.

I would be buying a Op7 Pro for its amazing software personally and the pop up camera giving me full screen. I have been tempted many times to get one.
Huawei use Leika lenses with a Sony sensor

Soldato
So asking here as I'm sure most of you know far more about mobile phones than I do. What are the real differences between the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7 Pro? I'm considering upgrading to it as I think it will be a nice improvement over my OnePlus 6, but I'm not sure what people think of the device.

Also if I did buy one where would be the best place to be to buy one?

Soldato
So asking here as I'm sure most of you know far more about mobile phones than I do. What are the real differences between the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7 Pro? I'm considering upgrading to it as I think it will be a nice improvement over my OnePlus 6, but I'm not sure what people think of the device.

They're is a huge thread already.

Soldato

The differences can be found here : https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/one-plus-7t-vs-oneplus-7-pro
Basically 7T vs 7 Pro
- Battery - slightly smaller with a bit less capacity
- Display - slightly smaller with lower resolution and doesn’t flow over the edge.
- Back Camera - Only 2x telephoto camera vs 3x on the Pro.
- Front camera - in notch on top of display vs pop up module on the pro
- Camera software - new Macro and Night modes added

A slightly revised 7T Pro is coming mid October.

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate to say it but after owning more android phones than I care to remember the 7 Pro was my last :(

The phone was good. But nothing was amazing.

And yes I now type this from an 11 Pro Max.

The battery and cameras put any android phone to shame (bar the pixels camera). Google could have done so much more but apart from the camera the pixels have always been mediocre. I've owned them all.

Such a shame.

Off to the apple forum I go!

Soldato
I hate to say it but after owning more android phones than I care to remember the 7 Pro was my last :(

What were the main causes of your dissatisfaction, not just with the phone but with the OS?

The reason I ask is because I have an XS and it’s a brutally competent phone. IOS is exceptionally efficient. Yet for some reason I’ve always been dissatisfied and wanted to return to Android. Unfortunately, there’s always something missing on each phone I look at. I have also developed an emotional attachment to the XS. Maybe I’ll never be happy, whatever phone I choose.

So there you go. I’d like to hear why you changed :)

Soldato

And yes I now type this from an 11 Pro Max.

The battery and cameras put any android phone to shame (bar the pixels camera). Google could have done so much more but apart from the camera the pixels have always been mediocre. I've owned them all.

Such a shame.

Off to the apple forum I go!
Shocker - a phone costing more than double is better :eek: [excluding the ‘Pro’ screen refresh and long charging time :p]

Last edited:
Soldato
What were the main causes of your dissatisfaction, not just with the phone but with the OS?

The reason I ask is because I have an XS and it’s a brutally competent phone. IOS is exceptionally efficient. Yet for some reason I’ve always been dissatisfied and wanted to return to Android. Unfortunately, there’s always something missing on each phone I look at. I have also developed an emotional attachment to the XS. Maybe I’ll never be happy, whatever phone I choose.

So there you go. I’d like to hear why you changed :)

No real issues with oxygen os or android.

But I never have to worry about wake locks now etc :)

Soldato
But I never have to worry about wake locks now etc :)

I don't think I've worried about a wake lock since about 2014...

It does look like they've made some nice moves with the recent iPhones (camera and battery for example), but it still surprises me the amount of things they announce they can now do when Android has been doing it for years...

Soldato
can anyone recommend a USB->3.5mm headphone dongle that works with the 7pro.

I've looked in the usual places and the reviews all look very random. OP want stupid shipping costs so any UK based suggestions would be great.

Back
Top Bottom