Doom: Annihilation (2019)

Soldato
Just came across this new Doom film. Checked out the IMDB page to see if was legit and read the FAQ

Did Mr Giglio (Director) ever bring the creators of the phenomenon to the table and get their input in order make the project respectable?

Nope, They openly disavowed any involments on twitter when asked about it. "We're not involved with the movie." was their official response.

The trailer didnt look that bad very low budget and has a female lead. Photos show fairly large sets. Probably be trash.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8328716/?ref_=tt_pg

Caporegime

Just surprised those bombs didn't turn the demons into card carrying members of the feminazi party. It's been "Doomguy" for decades, why change it now if not some pathetic attempt to jump on the bandwagon? If this movie bombs (considering its dvd release that's virtually a certainty) are they gonna claim gender bias for it, and not the fact it looks crap?

Even id software are reportedly distancing themselves from it and have had virtually no input on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks Streetfighter level terrible, I'm honestly surprised it isn't an Asylum film.

Like the above, it might have some value as a so bad it's good film.

Caporegime
I love the original film. this looks like some fanboy effort. won't be bothering.
I think that puts you and I in a special category of two. I wouldn't say I "loved" it, but I enjoyed it, and don't think it deserves the hate it gets.

e: for anyone quoting this post I'm talking about the original and not this new one :p

Soldato
I think that puts you and I in a special category of two. I wouldn't say I "loved" it, but I enjoyed it, and don't think it deserves the hate it gets.

e: for anyone quoting this post I'm talking about the original and not this new one :p

Make that 3, the 2005 Doom is a real guilty pleasure movie.

Bloody Disgusting did a review stating this sequel was better though. - https://bloody-disgusting.com/revie...-dwayne-johnsons-doom-look-even-worse-review/

That used to be my go to site for info but quality is shockingly low now.

Back
Top Bottom