Carpet protector for office chair

Soldato
Hi,

I bought a carpet protector which is the spiky on one side type and cut it to size but it keeps moving around and bunching up against the desk it doesn't stay foxes to carpet

Has anyone bought a carpet protector that can be cut to size and stays fixed in position?

I had a look at the IKEA one recently but it's far too thick to cut

Thanks

Soldato
OP
jigsaw to cut it? Sand down the edges.

Could work but I don't have one or know anyone with one and it's not worth buying one just for that, if all the plastic carpet protectors just move around anyway then I might as keep what of I've got

Unless anyone does have a miracle product they can share with us

Associate
Fair enough.
I have one but it also moves around so won’t bother ‘recommending’ it.
Is there an option to to get one that fits exactly between the desk legs and attach it to the desk with a couple of brackets?

Soldato
OP
Fair enough.
I have one but it also moves around so won’t bother ‘recommending’ it.
Is there an option to to get one that fits exactly between the desk legs and attach it to the desk with a couple of brackets?

I could buy another of what I have as it was easy to cut and cut to an oversized T shape and fix with a lip to the desk

Means drilling holes in my custom fit desk though

Soldato
Just hacksaw rather than jigsaw it around the feet of your desk. If it's big enough, you could wedge it in the the middle of your desk and it will still cover the area the chair is on.

Soldato
OP
Nope, it's quite thick, fairly rigid, has small spikes that grip into the carpet. It didn't come rolled up like cheaper ones, came flat wrapped in cardboard. No cracks or splits in mine so I think the reviewers that reported that must have jumped up and down on it or something.

Nice one I'll risk it, could be your carpet is thinner or thicker and thats why it doesnt move because mine also has spikes but its quite thin and also came rolled up so I'll give it a try

Soldato
Nice one I'll risk it, could be your carpet is thinner or thicker and thats why it doesnt move because mine also has spikes but its quite thin and also came rolled up so I'll give it a try

no worries, my carpet is short close loop pile carpet. It literally doesn't budge even if i try to push it with my toes from the side as it's position has dug in until I pick it up to re-position it.

Soldato
OP
no worries, my carpet is short close loop pile carpet. It literally doesn't budge even if i try to push it with my toes from the side as it's position has dug in until I pick it up to re-position it.

Its just arrived, the T shape bit that goes under the desk is so small that most of it will be in the room rather than under the desk so might need to cut this one somehow, not had chance to fit it yet as it was delivered to work but thought it quite funny that I have an Estate with a 620L boot and I need to put the seats down for it to fit!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom