The Irishman (Netflix 2018)

Caporegime
When is the release date, this potentially could be very good! (Also could be quite disappointing due to high expectations)

Soldato
Is this a bit like all the bands of the 90s getting back together 20 years later. Have these mob films been done to death or can they just go on and on making them. As someone who's watched most Irish and Italian mob movies I think it will be hard to capture the spirit of the 80s and 90s ones. Let's see.
Is there a film genre which hasn't been done to death? If anything I'd say there has been a big shortage of gangster films over the last couple of decades. At least it isn't another superhero film.

Interested to see how De Niro and Pacino perform. Hopefully it's more Heat than Righteous Kill!

Soldato
Everything looks a bit soft and weird in that trailer. And not like a 35mm sort of way, like a Deniro's-demanded-6-weeks-of-beauty-CGI-in-Post sorta way :confused:

Soldato
Just watched the trailer and I'm a bit concerned about it. I've never not enjoyed a Scorcese film but this de-aging technology that is being used in films is really distracting.

Soldato
This and Joker are the only films I'm gagging to see this year. The trailers and cast have me hooked, I'll be genuinely saddened if this doesn't get a 4K UHD film release. I'm a huge Scorsese fan and haven't been disappointed yet. :cool:

Soldato
Heads up: I totally forgot that both Vue and Picturehouses won't be screening this due to the whole thing about a limited theatrical release. I would assume Cineworld and Odeon will do so...

Edit: turns out Cineworld aren't doing so either...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Heads up: I totally forgot that both Vue and Picturehouses won't be screening this due to the whole thing about a limited theatrical release. I would assume Cineworld and Odeon will do so...

Edit: turns out Cineworld aren't doing so either...

Check out your nearest everyman cinema - they're better than the typical Vue, Odeon etc.. anyway...

I used to go to Screen on the Green in Angel quite a lot - was similar price ticket to the local Vue cinema but much nicer seating, more leg room etc.. toilets inside the cinema itself, bar at the back, sofas available for a small upgrade fee...

Gnrk4dm.jpg

Barbican cinema is showing it too and they used to be a bargain on Mondays - like £6....

Back
Top Bottom