Work icebreaker activity

Soldato
At work on Friday me and my team (13) were in a meeting room. Near the end the manager said we are going to do this activity. The manager and the team leader had gone through everyones social media and made presentation out of the images but obscuring the face so you had to guess who it was. Afterwards the original image was presented to everyone.

I wasn’t best pleased with this and felt it was quite invasive.
Has anyone else had a similar situation?

Man of Honour
Sounds like one of those backhanded intentionally menacing things.... the obvious menacing point they were making being ‘don’t put your **** on social media’.

I had something recently whereby there was a ‘fun quiz’ where all the answers were negative things about the business and about what the employees should be doing differently. It did **** me right off.

I would be very annoyed in the circumstances stated in the OP. However, I did have all my social media profiles ‘locked down’ per se, so you could only ever see a name and a profile picture, I think. Now, I’ve deleted them.

Associate
Unfriend your boss.

Then create a duplicate account of him/her featuring a photoshopped image of him/her hugging/being hugged by Rolf Harris. Send a friend request to all of your colleagues.

Simples.

Soldato
This is why I never have current colleagues as Facebook friends. LinkedIn is for professional relationships, Facebook for friends and ex-colleagues who I got on with and like.

If an employer or potential employer want's access to my Facebook profile? Nope, I don't have one.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
You guys are ridiculous. So what if he shares on social media? It doesn't mean someone in his professional life can go around and flaunt it for all to see.

I'd be fuming and would make a formal complaint too.

Back
Top Bottom