Work icebreaker activity

Soldato
Just be aware a complaint might get the manager in serious trouble, as officially this will look really bad. Especially if you work in a company which deals with personal data a lot and has people clued up on the regulations.

Just speak to your manager instead.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Assuming everyone had social media. If you think it's invasive if you had bother to lock down your profile they wouldn't be able to get photos or any other information to hand that is public. Their point is probably to make people aware that profiles are open and anyone can take what they like when they like without you even knowing.

Soldato
Don’t put your life on social media.

This. Although it does come with some drawbacks.

People and companies automatically assuming that you're on Facebook (or any other form of social media for that matter).

Case in point, I went for a job interview last year where the interviewer asked me for permission to view my Facebook page and when I informed him that I wasn't on there he as good as called me a liar and the interview was concluded in the next two minutes. I didn't get the job!

Soldato
How come this doesn't breach GDPR?

Using information privately submitted to the company and exposing it to the other employees?

It's bad enough that some companies are asking for social media accounts, now they sharing them with the rest of the work force?

Soldato
How come this doesn't breach GDPR?

Using information privately submitted to the company and exposing it to the other employees?

It's bad enough that some companies are asking for social media accounts, now they sharing them with the rest of the work force?

It's not private if it's on social media though is it? As far as I'm aware you don't even own the photos/content anymore once they are on social media platforms.

Soldato
Assuming everyone had social media. If you think it's invasive if you had bother to lock down your profile they wouldn't be able to get photos or any other information to hand that is public. Their point is probably to make people aware that profiles are open and anyone can take what they like when they like without you even knowing.

This. Lots of people still over-share though. That's the nature of "look at me" types though.

Associate
Maybe a simple word with the boss to say gonnae no do that please next time ?

However ... In todays age ... If you put it online, then you have to expect that others can see it. If others can see it, they can use it.

You dont want that ? Dont put it online. It really is that simple.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

You guys are ridiculous. So what if he shares on social media? It doesn't mean someone in his professional life can go around and flaunt it for all to see.

I'd be fuming and would make a formal complaint too.

Do not post anything on social media that you wouldn't want publishing in a national newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom