US: Warrior 2019

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Banshee meets into the bad lands = awesome tv series

Was glad the main starring actresses were not scared to drop their clothing either

Last edited:
Soldato
they weren't the only ones staring, I take it?

it's enjoyable enough, wouldn't say it's stunning TV though, not on Peaky Blinders level. I think the fights are ok, not jaw-dropping, but having two or three in each episode is going to get stale pretty fast. Martial Law had much the same issue, good as Sammo is, it's hard to get as enthralled about the 20th fight as you were about the first couple.

Soldato
Been watching this on the weekly showings and I'm surprised by how well good this has been so far, it's not hooked me as much as Banshee did but it's definitely worth a watch.

Soldato
Well, this is rather good! I started watching it on Friday and I got onto the final episode last night. Everything works so well. I'm loving the Banshee theme, that's such a great style and being a huge fan of Banshee I can appreciate how it works for this as well. My only issue is that on NowTV the quality isn't great, particularly at night. But aside from that, this is a great series and I can't wait to see how it ends. I'm glad to see that it's been picked up for a second season too!

Oh, and Hoon Lee, yeah. Well, he's amazing in anything he's in, and it's great to see him move from Banshee over to this.

I loved the Western-themed episode and particularly loved the bit where Young Jun finds out that Ah Sahm can speak English. At first I thought he was playing along until you see that he's really surprised, and then it makes you remember that they're always speaking Chinese but that you get the English because they don't always do that language shift thing that they did at the beginning (which is also awesome).

Soldato
I've watched two episodes of this and I'm enjoying it so far, was gutted when Into the Badlands was cancelled so it's good to see more martial arts based tv.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
This does feel the void quite well, I actually prefer it more.... into the badlands got a bit more dragged on and cluttered towards the end hopefully this one keeps its pace and story simple and done well.

Soldato
missed the finale, didn't bother chasing it down. series didn't really do anything for me, ok to kill an hour when nowt else is on, but nothing special. won't bother w/ any more.

Back
Top Bottom