Anyone know how to stop Alexa introducing songs?

Caporegime
Hi all

I have a Sonos One with Amazon Music and Alexa.

When I ask for a song, Alexa gives a lengthy introduction to the song, title and artist. Not only this, but the introduction is right over the start of the song.

Is there a known way to fix this please? Ideally I don't want any introduction at all and just for the music to start.

Thanks.

Soldato
Hi all

When I ask for a song, Alexa gives a lengthy introduction to the song, title and artist. Not only this, but the introduction is right over the start of the song.

Is there a known way to fix this please? Ideally I don't want any introduction at all and just for the music to start.

Thanks.
How are you asking for the song. My other half says "play song name" or "play song name by artist" and it plays without an introduction via Alexa. Setting the app settings as well.

Soldato
It's even more annoying with Audible books on the sonos one: my son asks it to play Harry Potter, and it immediately starts on the one in the kitchen, but plays 15 seconds of Alexa saying what it is in the room he's in, so he misses some of it!

I hate using voice controls, so annoying to get it to play an actual album instead of the track on the album with the same title, or an album you can't remember the name of. Prefer using the app.

Soldato
Hi all

Thanks.

Have you tried “Alexa, disable Song ID.” ?

Caporegime
Just stand up, point and Alexa and say:

OI ALEXA, NAAAAAAAOOOOOOO, YOU SHALL NOT GIVE ME LENGTHY INTRODUCTIONS TO SONGS THAT TAKE AWAY FROM MY LISTENING PLEASURE, NOW SHUT YER TRAP YOU ANNOYING AMERICAN EAVESDROPPING SHILL BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Associate
My mam sometimes has this on hers for some reason.

All I know how to get rid of the green flashing light, ask her to read notifictions & messages.

Caporegime
OP
Have you tried “Alexa, disable Song ID.” ?
Yes I've tried that. It confirms that song id has been disabled then continues to use the huge intro the next time.

I've also tried putting Alexa into brief mode, which makes no difference.

I think I'll get a diagnostic and submit it to Sonos with that video and see what they say.

Soldato
If you try asking it to "play [track] on amazon music", I wonder if that would stop it (because it wouldn't have the need to tell you what service it was using)?

I only use my own music library or Google play free (which just has my tracks which have been uploaded on it) - neither of which (I think) allow me to use voice controls to use them. So I don't have much experience myself.

Back
Top Bottom