Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Buying Shadowkeep tomorrow and can't make my mind up which platform.

With the PC I can finally move around in reality like I think I do when on a pad (I'm brilliant in my mind) + meet up for raids with the old guard.

Or buy it on PS4 and probably not play much but it's all a bit easier. Rubbish on mouse n key.

PC is looking better everyday though I must say. Not done a raid on PS4 since everyone scattered to PC.

Associate
Enable cross save, get an XBox pad if you don’t have one already and play on PC, you can always pickup ShadowKeep later on PS4 and hop back on. KB/mouse is a lot better, but pad is fine for PvE.

Associate
Buying Shadowkeep tomorrow and can't make my mind up which platform.

With the PC I can finally move around in reality like I think I do when on a pad (I'm brilliant in my mind) + meet up for raids with the old guard.

Or buy it on PS4 and probably not play much but it's all a bit easier. Rubbish on mouse n key.

PC is looking better everyday though I must say. Not done a raid on PS4 since everyone scattered to PC.
I have been using an Xbox controller since just after launch and apart from not being as precise as K&M the aim assist is actually better than on PS4, which is great for a scrub like me.

Associate
I gave destiny a good run on pc for the first time yesterday but found it to stutter a lot using keyboard and mouse. Any settings I should be using for the mouse?

Soldato
For those of you pondering PC vs PS4, here's a few thoughts for you from a PS4 player who's moved to the PC.

- 60fps is possible on the PC, and it's a very well optimised game. Lovely silky smooth screens!
- The graphics are better on the PC - there are texture and lighting improvements that are not present on console.
- The UI is faster - I have an SSD on my PS4 and PC is still faster.
- Some gameplay elements are faster! As weird as it sounds, some aspects are tied to framerate, so e.g. sparrows move faster on PC.
- Recoil is less on PC - not just a mouse and keyboard improvement, but bloom and recoil are lower on PC for some reason. Headshot city with handcannons and snipers.

Associate
For those of you pondering PC vs PS4, here's a few thoughts for you from a PS4 player who's moved to the PC.

- 60fps is possible on the PC, and it's a very well optimised game. Lovely silky smooth screens!
- The graphics are better on the PC - there are texture and lighting improvements that are not present on console.
- The UI is faster - I have an SSD on my PS4 and PC is still faster.
- Some gameplay elements are faster! As weird as it sounds, some aspects are tied to framerate, so e.g. sparrows move faster on PC.
- Recoil is less on PC - not just a mouse and keyboard improvement, but bloom and recoil are lower on PC for some reason. Headshot city with handcannons and snipers.

Thanks

I have an SSD on my PC so would most likely put it on that, terrible waiting for stuff on PS4 (just booting up takes 5 mins or so lol) trying to go into menu's while in a raid/NF can get you killed it takes so long, I remember getting killed a lot in D1 just grabbing a heavy weapon synth. I heard damage on some weapons is lower on PC because of frame rate, the forsaken raid weapon was the first I heard about.

Interesting to hear about the recoil, never used hand cannons on console really because I could never see what I was hitting. Considering Bungie basically only added hand cannon exotics in the DLC's I missed out quite a bit.

Due to the cross save it will make things a bit easier, I think I'll just get it on both when the funds allow. Looking forward to the 60fps+ the most :)

I gave destiny a good run on pc for the first time yesterday but found it to stutter a lot using keyboard and mouse. Any settings I should be using for the mouse?

Gonna have to keep an eye out for this on mine, did you find a fix Davey?

Last edited:
Associate

Couple of things to try, enable the FPS counter under video and see what you're getting, ideally you want it above 60FPS. If you have an nVidia GFX card try enabling adaptive sync (NV Control Panel), assuming you don't have a GSync/Freesync monitor. Also I had to disable Chromatic Aberration, after 5-10mins it made me feel motion sick. Also try resetting your controls on the PC, cross save carried over my controller sensitivities which felt wrong on PC.

Associate
Yes used a ps4 controller lol. Seems to be a few different solutions going by a quick google search but I haven't tried any yet.

Ahh ok, I'd be using my PS4 pad anyway. I'd like to try getting used to mouse n key though eventually.

Couple of things to try, enable the FPS counter under video and see what you're getting, ideally you want it above 60FPS. If you have an nVidia GFX card try enabling adaptive sync (NV Control Panel), assuming you don't have a GSync/Freesync monitor. Also I had to disable Chromatic Aberration, after 5-10mins it made me feel motion sick. Also try resetting your controls on the PC, cross save carried over my controller sensitivities which felt wrong on PC.

I'll keep these in mind too.

Been a while since I really gamed on PC apart from Warships and WOW and they both ran smoothly with them not being GPU intensive. I forgot how much settings there actually are that make a difference.

I've been trying for Recluse on PS4 and was one win off getting Recluse but then went on an epic losing spree, getting AFKers and teams that were just bad or had a guy missing. Anyway I didn't have time to keep going with getting reset tomorrow. Maybe it'll be easier on PC + this season there's a floor on each glory level that you don't drop under to reduce losing streaks (until Fabled that is). Recluse is pretty easy to get with time compared to Mountaintop.

Last edited:
Associate
Not played this since before the first expansion.

Have migrated my old character weeks ago.

What do I need to buy to get back into it when it relaunches on Steam? Ta :)[

I think it's just Forsken + season pass and Shadowkeep although you don't need to buy Forsaken + season pass to play Shadowkeep if you don't want. You won't have access to the Forsaken stuff though

You get the rest free in New Light..

Back
Top Bottom