Borderlands 3

Associate
I'm really liking this game, enjoying Fl4k.

Even more it plays quite well on my 2500k and 980ti, although I do have a 1080p GSync display which may help.

The latest patch has helped performance a LOT for me :)

I think I'm around level 29 - the only negative for me is that I want to run through other characters and try them out but I REALLY don't want to go through the story again to do it.

I would love a Diablo 3 type scenario when once the campaign has been completed with one character then you can skip it with others and just level up doing less tedious/quicker tasks :)

Caporegime
The game performance is odd, I swapped a 2060 to a 2070 super and although the frame rate is much higher it feels less smooth.

Haven’t tried the latest patch mind, it wasn’t out when I played last night.

Associate
I've been struggling a bit so far with Zane at around level 27 until I found a couple legendary weapons- they are game changing. They do so much damage!

I'm also really enjoying this game, my first BL game and I'm having a blast! I'll definitely be buying the Season Pass once it becomes available on Cdkeys.

Runs great too, getting 70-80 fps at 1080p with med/high settings. Will be upgrading to a 2070 super and a 1440p monitor in a few days though!

Associate
Yeah, until I'm so overloaded I can't bank anymore every legendary goes into the bank for potential later characters. I've got a legendary Jakobs rifle that served me for about 12 levels as Fl4k waiting for Zane when he gets to the right spot.

Associate
Yes they do, you dont need to remain in the same skill tree. Just look at the skill icons under your xp level to see what's triggered

I'll post later as I play this on ps4pro at the moment, waiting on Steam release. At work currently. Orange tree is the key tree for zane as you get massive bonuses to damage when used with the blue tree....forget the green tree.

I think I'm getting something like 80% gun damage alone just by a few skills in either tree, plus movement, reload and crits enable you to be a walking straffing killing machine. Theres also a skill I use which gives you endless use of the sentinel if timed correctly, it's the missile salvo....use when the sentinel is running out, if you get a kill it recharges to 100% again.

From memory the key ones from blue tree are Violent speed, violent momentum, cool hand, cold bore (for weapon swap speed) then I think it's bad dose and almighty ordnance for the 2 augments.

Key in orange is anything that gives you crits and higher dps, think its synchronicity, magazine size one can't remember name, Donny Brook, for the augs I'll need to double check later think one is shield recharge

I'd be interested in the Zane stuff too. Just hit Level 47 and the Blue skill tree is full.

Think i probably need to respec!

Caporegime
FINALLY!

I finished at level 42. Now all the end game mysteries are solved. Mayhem III. I was trying to do one of Zer0's targets. Not. A. Chance. :D
I might have a dabble in TVHM mode but I really ought to play Gears 5 now.

Associate
Really enjoying this game, especially as I'm having no problems running it in DX12 @ 1440p! #jammygit :D

My biggest complaint, however, is that there is no way to sort by price in the inventory menu. Considering the volume of loot in this installment of the franchise, I find myself constantly scouring the items to see which ones fall below a certain price in order to chuck them for higher value loot.

Having said that, it's only a minor gripe in what is otherwise a real time sinker!

Soldato
I'm really liking this game, enjoying Fl4k.

Even more it plays quite well on my 2500k and 980ti, although I do have a 1080p GSync display which may help.

The latest patch has helped performance a LOT for me :)

I think I'm around level 29 - the only negative for me is that I want to run through other characters and try them out but I REALLY don't want to go through the story again to do it.

I would love a Diablo 3 type scenario when once the campaign has been completed with one character then you can skip it with others and just level up doing less tedious/quicker tasks :)

Kids these days..

Borderlands is a grinding looter-shooter :p

Associate
I also tried to start a new character yesterday, I gave up after the first 20 minutes due to the unskippable cutscenes, dialogues etc. I hope the devs will allow us to skip all of these, some of them are really long too.

Permabanned
If anyone's looking for a good boss farm on Mayhem difficulties, get on Captain Traunt. His drop rate for legendry's is superb. Averaging 7 or 8 every 10 runs, often times with double drops. Doens't appear to have a dedicated drop so he's great for farming world drops.

Bit of a chunky shield but if you can get something like a 'Storm Front' or a 'Hex' then you're laughing.

Tis alarming how easy it is to break the game at the moment. If you pick you skills right with Moze and somehow get lucky enough to grab a 'Flakker' all the bosses become a joke.

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone's looking for a good boss farm on Mayhem difficulties, get on General Traunt. His drop rate for legendry's is superb. Averaging 7 or 8 every 10 runs, often times with double drops. Doens't appear to have a dedicated drop so he's great for farming world drops.

Bit of a chunky shield but if you can get something like a 'Storm Front' or a 'Hex' then you're laughing.

Tis alarming how easy it is to break the game at the moment. If you pick you skills right with Moze and somehow get lucky enough to grab a 'Flakker' all the bosses become a joke.

Better than the Graveward farm or?

Permabanned
Better than the Graveward farm or?

For me it has been yes, purely because I need to be able to get close enough to a boss to deal significant damage with the 'Flakker'. If you can kill Graveward in his first staggered phase then maybe it'd be quicker. Just depends on your set up I suppose. In terms of drop rates though, I've noticed no real difference between the 2.

Edit: Made an error in the original post. It's Captain Traunt, not General :)

Back
Top Bottom