Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Nice, how do you find the tv?

Ive gone from a 40" to this, and its massive :)

The codecs could be updated as some media dont work properly but its really nice. Some videos look soooooo stunning. I just need to update my av receiver as it doesn't do 4k.

Im very happy with it, I just need to get used to the size.

Soldato
Today I finally picked up an amp for my man cave. I originally wanted something retro as I am into my retro PCs and tech (see retro keyboard below:D) but I ended up getting a more modern one and cheap one. It's enormous.

ETFjJGZh.jpg

£35. 100 Watts per channel (5.1 of them); 10k to 100k; some other numbers; sounds nice.

I picked up some speakers for it when I was in the same area. When I turned up they turned out to be tiny, but they're rated to work with the amp fine and they were £20 so I went for it.

IYsGdych.jpg

I didn't check if the amp had an aux 3.5mm input. It doesn't. The only device I have that has RCA output is my Dreamcast. The only CD I have is Best of Fleedwood Mac. Not a bad way to test it out I suppose! I have a bunch of 3.5mm to RCA adapters ordered now!

yW9UU3Oh.jpg

Soldato
Was at MCM Scotland Comic Con this weekend. Managed to avoid spending a small fortune like previous years. But I did get some stuff...

MZ4o3D.jpg

A signed photo from Charles Martinet, the voice behind Mario & Luigi. Such a lovely bloke! A bargain for £25. John De Lancie was also there (Q from Star Trek), but he wanted £40 his an autograph. I was tempted, but I decided to skip it.

06qSlZ.jpg

This really awesome Links Awakening print that I bought from my favourite Scottish artist, Neil Slorance.

X46sD9.jpg

A handful of Japanese goodies. Had those soda's before. Their good :)

tOB7Lf.jpg

ADbDW7.jpg

Got a box of AMAZING cupcakes! The Bubblicious ones are my favourite! The people there even keep them boxed and safely stored for you during the convention so you don't need to carry them around all day. Just pop back near the end to collect them :)

OA2Zut.jpg

And snagged this literally as I was making my way towards the exit. Got a free sample first to make sure I liked it. Sweet, but not overly so. And nice flavour.

V F

V F

Soldato
My cat killed my OG Corsair K75 with a cup of coffee. So I decided to give the new Razer Optical mechanical switches a try. It's a lovely keyboard, but the travel distance is rather shallow and it's taking a little to get use to it.

Feels like an MX brown, but sounds like a blue. The wrist rest is a pure joy. Although points off for Razer Synapse 3 being a mess. I have Synapse 2 with my Naga mouse, but you cannot use that with the Huntsman Elite keyboard, and you cannot import Synapse 2 profiles into 3. So I had to redo all my key mapping and macros for the Naga mouse. The Synapse keyboard software is also lacking features that Corsair had for their RGB keyboards.
The only mechanical issue I have with the keyboard is the multimedia buttons. The volume dial is solid, but the play/pause, and skip buttons are plastic and a little wobbly.

Overall a great keyboard, super comfortable; but let down by their software suit.

dBWwYLa.jpg

JkWJ8Ea.jpg

RGB wrist rests as well now? Quite nice.

Soldato
If you ever buy something from MP when there's not at least 30% off, you're definitely doing it wrong. :p

My order had 35% off and even then I was thinking I should perhaps wait for a better offer.

The problem is, even with these discounts, they're still quite expensive. My haul pictured is 48 units and cost me just over £50. It seems I do like the more expensive items :(

Soldato
My order had 35% off and even then I was thinking I should perhaps wait for a better offer.

The problem is, even with these discounts, they're still quite expensive. My haul pictured is 48 units and cost me just over £50. It seems I do like the more expensive items :(

I'm the same. If I ever see the things I like where it's two for one or close to 50%, I end up just buying two or three. Hence why I usually end up with a stockpile. Although as you say, they still aren't cheap.

Back
Top Bottom