** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

si-

si-

Associate
I cancelled my order, enough was enough.

I don't care if this is the best value monitor of the year, or that it *might* finally be delivered in the next few weeks, the whole situation has been a complete shambles from both parties involved, so little reason to support either with my hard-earned. Hope you folks get your monitors sometime "soon"...

Associate
I am starting to wonder what other good alternatives do we have, as its getting to be a bit annoying and so started to think about cancelling, ordered this just because of hope of better quality control, as most important part for me is not to have awful bleeding :D but dont really want to wait 6 months after ordering :D as already 2 months past and no news yet..

Caporegime
@NikTheSHNIK you've been tagged multiple times but I think peeps would love an update around now if you have any info :)

Also @Alice Gibbs you're not doing too good of a job keeping peeps updated either. We appreciate you're busy but if you could pop in on the forums now and again it'd be appreciated :)

Associate
Submitted a webnote and this was the reply. Its going to be a long couple of months

"...if everything goes to plan we should have your order shipped before December."

Associate
I had one of these on pre order a few weeks back but cancelled it and ordered the Gigabyte Aorus one instead as my build was at the point where I needed a monitor.
To be honest I'm really pleased with the Gigabyte, on the desk you barely notice any of the gaming nonsense round the back (presuming you have a deep enough desk anyway). My colours look good and I haven't noticed any backlight issues. I also don't get the obsession with response times, I'm not playing elite level counterstrike so I don't think 4ms vs 8ms makes even the smallest bit of difference it just seems like marketing nonsense. It's not like I click and have to wait for something to happen!
I was annoyed it was more expensive but I would have been waiting ages to save like £40 or so on something that is only for sure better if you are looking to make light of the differences with testing.
I do think there has been a complete lack of communication on this too, if you didn't go onto the forums you would have no idea what was going on with this, I think the product page should have had more information on rather than just letting you preorder indefinitely.

Soldato
Some of you guys are no doubt going to be doubly disapointed/downright angry as well when you do finally get them, with having to RMA them due to excessive BLB and/or the other usual monitor issues you have to suffer with thesedays in the glorious panel lottery.

You have my sympathies, I waited 2mths for the Gigabyte Aorus monitor back in February, only for it to have go back within 24hrs for appalling IPS light bleed.

Associate
There was mention of end of Sept/start of Oct for a batch to be received and shipped.

When did you put in your order? I ordered 13th Aug.

I ordered on the 8th September. The real pain is that the rest of my order wont ship untill the monitor as it was part paid on finance

Associate
I called today and was told that my order was #36 in the queue (ordered on 1 August), that there are 99 incoming and that I should expect them to be shipped out from OC in the next 1 - 2 weeks.

If @Watonwak ordered on 8th September I presume that December is the ETA because you are not in the batch of 99 incoming in the next week or so.

Associate
I asked for firmer details and got told they'll hopefully have them in tomorrow, processed on Wednesday, and shipped out after that, to be with customers by the end of the week. Fingers crossed, because I've been waiting two months and I just want my darned monitor already!

Associate
Just to confirm, ordered 10th September, likely delivery is end November/December. So if you ordered after then, you might be waiting a while. The problem is that there isn't really anywhere else in the UK to buy one..

Associate
Plus they were £449 for quite a while tbf.
They were never £449, I see you're still all over this thread trolling still, don't you ever get bored of that?
Original cost when I preordered mine can be seen here
I can't believe the stock is still an issue here since the original debacle since I preordered mine way back during the Summer. It is, however, a great panel, the best I have used in fact. I have used each and every mainstream gaming monitor at this resolution since 2015. I see people that don't own the monitor complaining about the contrast because they read in a review that it's just mediocre. I can tell you right now the contrast ratio is far far superior to The Auros and Acer offerings, no perceptible bleed or IPS glow. It's a very very responsive panel and well-calibrated out of the box. I have owned mine for a few months now and am very happy with it, black levels are very good and I play a lot of horror games. The two downers of this monitor are the Stand and the god awful attempt at HDR, that said you won't really find any monitors under €1k with decent HDR really and it doesn't bother me at all really. It's very smooth using an RTX 2070 super with it, the display automatically detects it as Gsync compatible and even above 144 fps, I see no screen tearing. This panel is by far a bargain for its price. I think they are in short supply to ensure quality control, to be honest. If you really want to get one right now I see p[lenty of places in Europe with them in stock for €579.00

Associate
I ordered mine on the 3rd of July and it was £449.99 with free forum delivery. Pretty sure they didn't go up in price until after the reviews dropped.

Associate
They were never £449, I see you're still all over this thread trolling still, don't you ever get bored of that?
Original cost when I preordered mine can be seen here
I can't believe the stock is still an issue here since the original debacle since I preordered mine way back during the Summer. It is, however, a great panel, the best I have used in fact. I have used each and every mainstream gaming monitor at this resolution since 2015. I see people that don't own the monitor complaining about the contrast because they read in a review that it's just mediocre. I can tell you right now the contrast ratio is far far superior to The Auros and Acer offerings, no perceptible bleed or IPS glow. It's a very very responsive panel and well-calibrated out of the box. I have owned mine for a few months now and am very happy with it, black levels are very good and I play a lot of horror games. The two downers of this monitor are the Stand and the god awful attempt at HDR, that said you won't really find any monitors under €1k with decent HDR really and it doesn't bother me at all really. It's very smooth using an RTX 2070 super with it, the display automatically detects it as Gsync compatible and even above 144 fps, I see no screen tearing. This panel is by far a bargain for its price. I think they are in short supply to ensure quality control, to be honest. If you really want to get one right now I see p[lenty of places in Europe with them in stock for €579.00
Thanks for the review, it's good to hear some positive things from someone who actually owns the monitor. I can't wait to get mine.

Back
Top Bottom