Borderlands 3

Caporegime
What do people do with the Iridium?

I'm really not in to pointless cosmetic stuff that Matey down in the cargo bay sells, so I've just been gambling it all at Moxi's bar. Got a few epics off that machine.

I saw there is a vending machine there that sells weapons, but they seem like a lot of iridium for what they are.

Caporegime
I've been spending mine on Crazy Earl's vending machine. Some of the weapons are "anointed" which means they have benefits to your skills. But to be honest, they're not quite as good as the ordinary legendaries that you find in the world. I really don't see the point of buying trinkets for your guns or room decorations either. I'd rather they kept the eridium for the weapon and backpack SDUs as in Borderlands 2.

And here's my question for those who have finished the game -

What the heck has happened to Dr Zed? I find it bizarre they've got almost everybody else in the game from Borderlands 1 except him.

Man of Honour
I've been spending mine on Crazy Earl's vending machine. Some of the weapons are "anointed" which means they have benefits to your skills. But to be honest, they're not quite as good as the ordinary legendaries that you find in the world. I really don't see the point of buying trinkets for your guns or room decorations either. I'd rather they kept the eridium for the weapon and backpack SDUs as in Borderlands 2.

And here's my question for those who have finished the game -

What the heck has happened to Dr Zed? I find it bizarre they've got almost everybody else in the game from Borderlands 1 except him.

At the end of the Lilith DLC in BL2 he said he was going back to Medical School, so I guess he's gone there. Maybe he will crop up in a DLC

Permabanned
What do people do with the Iridium?

I'm really not in to pointless cosmetic stuff that Matey down in the cargo bay sells, so I've just been gambling it all at Moxi's bar. Got a few epics off that machine.

I saw there is a vending machine there that sells weapons, but they seem like a lot of iridium for what they are.

They've made it a fairly pointless currency now tbh. You can buy some nice anointed weapons from crazy Early for early game use but aside from that it's worthless. They should have kept it as an SDU currency tbh.

Soldato
I find the boss fights weird. Trying to kill them with an elemental weapon to match their shield or armour doesn’t seem to work so you may as well pick any random weapon in your inventory and hope it’s got the DPS needed.

I noticed that too when doing Killavolt. My shock weapons did nothing to his shield (immune apparently!) but random automatic weapons worked. Not sure what's going on.

He was good though, lots of stuff going on, challenging and he kept mixing it up and I was sweating by the time I took him down. It was impressive.

Man of Honour
I noticed that too when doing Killavolt. My shock weapons did nothing to his shield (immune apparently!) but random automatic weapons worked. Not sure what's going on.

He was good though, lots of stuff going on, challenging and he kept mixing it up and I was sweating by the time I took him down. It was impressive.

The colours do seem a little misleading, I mean common sense would make you assume that using electricity on someone called Killavolt probably isnt going to work (you'd expect it to heal him if anything :D ) , but he had a blue bar which makes you think shock weapon, I think in the end I found that a radiation weapon worked best. I think they need to match the bar colours to the weapons better to indicate which weapon to use.

Associate
They've made it a fairly pointless currency now tbh. You can buy some nice anointed weapons from crazy Early for early game use but aside from that it's worthless. They should have kept it as an SDU currency tbh.

I agree. The amount of cash needed for the higher level SDU upgrades is bananas, yet I seem to be swimming in eridium!

Soldato
No comprendo. Why should you be able to do the Proving Grounds from the main menu?

Because the option is there to. You can just play them from the main menu to level up characters, or you can on PS4. Under the social tab, you have option to do circle of slaughter and proving grounds, it matchmakes to find other players but mine just searches and searches but never finds anyone.

Caporegime
Because the option is there to. You can just play them from the main menu to level up characters, or you can on PS4. Under the social tab, you have option to do circle of slaughter and proving grounds, it matchmakes to find other players but mine just searches and searches but never finds anyone.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

Soldato
Did a circle of slaughter with a great team last night, mobs were roughly on level until 5th wave which went on for ages !!! hate flying mobs ;p

After a good hour or so the last mob had bugged out stuck in the ground so we couldn't finish and loot chest :(

Only ever managed to join one proving ground but client crashed early in! it seems to look for players then time out sadly.

Man of Honour
I am finding so difficult to get into this which to me seems like a DLC for Borderlands 2.

Thats because its more of the same, similar to how Borderlands 2 just seemed like a DLC for Borderlands 1. The only one of the series which was really "different" from the others was Pre-Sequel , and that was also the worst selling of them. Borderlands 3 is Borderlands. A case of if it aint broke, dont fix it. I'm enjoying it immensely but then I've loved all the Borderlands , including Pre-Sequel :D

Associate
Testing out the new AMD driver with Radeon Image Sharpening support for Vega, see if it can make Borderlands 3 prettier in DX12 (or ruin my framerate lol)!

EDIT: RIS works and adds just that little bit of crispness to everything with no drama in the framerate department. NOICE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom