*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
200gb sandisk micro sd and tempered glass screen protector ordered for £20 all in!

Looking at Pro controllers next, the kids will be fine with the miniature ones that come with the system but I need something 'proper'.

Man of Honour
4:3 is squashed pp isn't. On the Switch screen at least.

From my limited understanding all pp does is make the pixel a perfect square, making the image look as the developer intended. 4:3 gives a horizontal stretch to the image which I am not a fan of even though it's a more accurate representation of how it used to look. I only play this stuff handheld. I've only played alttp through it and it looks perfect to me. Not tried any others yet.

Watch the digital foundry video on it. You should be using 4:3 to see the graphics as the developers intended (you can see this yourself as circles are squashed in pixel perfect). Pixel perfect is only for CRT TVs which will distort the square pixels to 4:3.

Cheers Kreeeee, how are you pal?

Few more questions:

1) Download games or buy physical copies?
2) Any free games available? (worthwhile free games).
3) I need 2 more pads for 4 player mode, any particular ones you guys recommend? Maybe some sort of adult sized controller for when I get time to play on my own??

I'm great thanks, how are you keeping?

1) Physical is almost always cheaper for new games, and you can make use of the second hand market. Storage is also an issue even with my 512GB SD card.

2) Paladins is a fantastic free game and lots of people recommend Warframe, Fortnight, and there are a few mobas. There are some great demos such as Dragon Quest 11.

3) Get a pro controller, and an 8bitdo adapter to use your Xbox One (newer Bluetooth controllers only) or PS4 controller.

Soldato
Has anyone got any experience of the Geoteck WX4 wireless controller for the Switch?

I'm loathed to spend 50 quid on a pro controller and this doesn't look like a bad alternative for £20!

Soldato
Why loathed to spend £50 on something you're going to use for hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of hours?

Because it's predominantly for me with me having big hands and not particularly liking the joycons (even in the holder thingy) and I don't use the Switch that much (the kids use it way more than me)....oh, and I'm a bit of a cheapskate! :D

Soldato
Sod it, just ordered the v2 Switch for £210 to use whilst the kids play the launch console.

Are the Sandisk cards still the way to go SD wise? Does the Switch have a maximum capacity it can take?
Is the Orzly tempered glass screen protector still the best?

Last edited:
Soldato
200gb sandisk micro sd and tempered glass screen protector ordered for £20 all in!

Looking at Pro controllers next, the kids will be fine with the miniature ones that come with the system but I need something 'proper'.

Where did you get the SD card and screen protector for that price?

Man of Honour
For those of you with friends, get Ultimate Horse Chicken in the sale.

It's like a quick fire multiplayer Mario Maker and it's the most fun I've had playing a 4 player video game. It's right up there with overcooked.

Associate
I am loving Zelda Links Awakening, 5 Dungeons down now, im taking my time because im enjoying it so much. What a charming game i cant believe i missed it first time around, i loved my GameBoy as well.

Soldato
I have amazon prime, does that mean I get free access to nintendo online services? I'm on the switch now and I've logged in but its still asking me to purchase online membership or start a 7 day free trial.

Soldato
Has anyone got the Satisfye grip?
I see they have just released a new model but shipping costs really bump up the price of the grip, not to mention the risk of import charges.

PayDay Lover
Associate
But do you have the map?!

SoM the summer holiday it came out, with my bro and best mate, is my fondest gaming memory. I can comfortably say that will never be topped. My copy, alas, is long gone.

I was going to buy FFXII, but when I saw SoM on the eshop sale it had to take priority. Like you I played this with bro and friend and as a result the game stands as one of the best ever for me.
Also really look forward to playing the Trials of Mana as it is two player (unlike the remake) and as my bro lives nearby we should be able to relive the old times!

Soldato
So it seems like dealing with 2 Switches is going to be a bit of a hassle.

I want my new one to be my primary account so that I don't get the online check every time I launch a game.
It seems the issue with this is that it means any digital purchases I've made can't be played on the secondary switch on the kids account - even if my account is on there too.

Is that correct, is there any way around this?

Back
Top Bottom