The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
I made roast potatoes for the first time and they've come out lovely and crispy with a very soft inside. I kept the skin on, par boiled for about 12 minutes, then roasted in olive oil for an hour.
I also boiled, mashed, buttered and salted a small Swede. He's ok though. :D I didn't make the steak and ale pie, just bought and stuck in oven.

20190927-031305.jpg

20190927-032206.jpg

Soldato
87VhdF.jpg

Had brunch today at Mesa in Duke Street. Been around 6 months since the last time I ate here. Their hot lamb shakshuka is amazing :D

Wzk5yL.jpg

And I followed it up with a slice of Snickers caramel shortcake and a nice hot cuppa. The shortcake was great! :D

BfGdqC.jpg

And I got myself a salad bowl from Sprigg to take home. So fresh and tasty :)

Soldato
With the missus away from home for 9 days, I've taken the time to celebrate with a round doughy thing...which arrived cold :( Re-heated in the microwave but it isn't the same. Meet my doms medium deluxe! Not really the best experience I'm used to from my local branch.

uonTnRS.jpg

Soldato
I was tempted to get a Domino's this evening after getting back from MCM Scotland Comic Con. Decided against it though, wasn't feeling particularly hungry and I already spend £120 this weekend at the convention. Oi vey...

And Kainz there is no excuse at all for pizza getting delivered cold. Complain!

Soldato
Yeah shall complain I guess, when the feedback email arrives. To be honest there was a 50% off orders over £20 that’s going on at my branch lately so the drivers would have been busy. Still, I ordered for 18:30 and got it at 18:55.

Chicken kickers and Pepepeproni Doughballs I absolutely adore :D

Caporegime
My local Pizza Hut is totally rank. The worst of the bunch. It’s all down to where you are, that’s the trouble with chains, apart from Maccies and KFC, they vary so much store to store. Even BK vary quite a lot in quality.

Oh yeah, we just got a BK a month ago and I swear it's not as good as I have had elsewhere. I mean it is okay but I remember liking it more.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Lots of veggie, most can be made vegan if they're not already (gnocchi alla sorentina, risotto (changes daily), gigandes, aubergine stew, papas bravas, greek salad, grilled cauli, sauted mushrooms etc. off the top of my head). It's all made to order so adjustments aren't a problem.

I can recommend Purezza as well 5 minutes walk away, vegan pizza place that actually makes good pizza.

Which is yours/one you work at? Might give it a visit one day!

Back
Top Bottom