The Official Pizza Discussion thread (was: Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3)

Associate
Afternoon all.

Would love to get myself an Uuni or pizza oven but currently can't justify the purchase.

Can anyone recommend a dough recipe that I can use in my bread machine and then cook on a pizza stone in my home oven?

My son is desperate for home made pizza this weekend.

Soldato
Download the app PizzApp, aim for a 210-230ish gram weight.

Alternatively the packet mixes that you add water to from supermarkets make a pretty good 'home made' pizza.

Just make sure you give enough time at room temp for the dough to rise so when you stretch it you get the air in the crust.

Don
Wood now Rotty

I was thinking going that way too

What extras did you buy? the firegate ? wood plate? houlker flame guard?

those above look great and I was thinking of going same way as pellets are a PIA

also what wood? just use cheap kindling or the more expensive stuff I use in my smoker?

Soldato
OP
Hi @Rotty I went the way of the Houlker flame guard plus one and firegate.

Postiives are that you don't need to keep topping p with pellets.

Negatives are that although the stone gets HOTTER than pellets, the back end of the oven is also very hot Easy to burn the pizza rim

Soldato
OP
Hi Rotty

I got 15Kg of Light Premium Hardwood Ash Kiln Dried Wooden Logs from The Rainforest. These are less than 20% Moisture and burn realy well. Also invested in a small saw and axe You need to cut each log down into lumps about the size of your clenched fist or slightly less. Lit with two of the eco blaze firelighters. :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Wahey just ordered mine :)
Couldn't say no at the price, cant wait to give it a bash.

Just got a bit better too, just received £80 back after a price match! I didn't expect them to honour it haha. So as I've got a bit cash back what's the best accessories for these?

Gas mod or the guards so I can burn wood?

Be looking atpizzas (ofc) and gonna give a bash at naan breads too.

The pellets mentioned earlier from wolesleys are they ok to use?

Also what size pizzas are coming out? I read somewhere 14" but that doesn't sound right

Last edited:
Associate
Can't type for toffee
Don
oops...

7uKNJlR.jpg
S0OAd1G

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I am thinking about a koda purely as I need to be able to pack it away into a storage box when not in use..I am severely limited for space and I could use the same gas bottle as the barbecue

Can't type for toffee
Don
Download the app PizzApp, aim for a 210-230ish gram weight.

Alternatively the packet mixes that you add water to from supermarkets make a pretty good 'home made' pizza.

Just make sure you give enough time at room temp for the dough to rise so when you stretch it you get the air in the crust.

Had a look at this and it gave me...'

767g flour
460 water
1.7g Yeast ADY
23g of salt!!

Had a neb about and all the other recipe called for a tea or tablespoon

Back
Top Bottom