Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Not that I'm tight or anything... well maybe a little... but you should be able to get two tokens for free audio books. All you need to do is use the first one then go to cancel and they throw another at you, after you use the second one you can then cancel (Where they throw a discount price at you). Prices of audio books are through the roof, not sure I would ever buy one when I could get the book at about a tenth of the price.
If you are feeling really tight you can find all the Gotrek books online for free, but on this one I like a physical book so I have most of them on paperback. Loved them all up to City of the Damned, ended up skim reading it just to get to the end, not gone any further yet.
Good to know. I just have a token sitting there so may as well try - don't even know if they have audio versions of these books.

Soldato
I've been really impressed by GW last couple of years in their release schedule and how they've been updating the range. Claiming to release two new armies in AoS when they are all 10 year old models (bar the Ironjawz models) is massively uninspiring.

Caporegime
I've been really impressed by GW last couple of years in their release schedule and how they've been updating the range. Claiming to release two new armies in AoS when they are all 10 year old models (bar the Ironjawz models) is massively uninspiring.

Gawd, what I wouldn't do for some.10 year old models vs my 25 year old ones!

Soldato
It's so disheartening seeing how many primaris minis are coming out and there I am with my 1994 stamped basilisk sprues!

I agree it seems a little unfair how some armies get forgotten about whilst others get updates.

But I get it, GW probably sell more space marines than anything thing else, so they will update those more regularly, sell more miniatures, make more money.

Imperial Guard do desperately need an overhaul though.

On a side note I am very nearly finished my Chaos Space Marines, 4 models left I think. It's been a mission, because I made up 16 Khorne Berzerkers all with chainaxes/chainswords, then decided the old models are pretty rubbish, so then redid them doing the blood warrior/berzerker conversions, again all with chainaxes/chainswords. I don't even want to think about how much time and money I've spent on just 20 models.... Anyway.

Next I'm going to do Necrons, my 12 year old started and has only painted about 800 pts worth in about a year and a half. I think he's going off it a bit, so I've asked him and I'm gonna get myself some, paint them up and then he can add them in with what he's got.

I seen a battle report with someone using that Seraptek construction (effectively Necron Knight) and he modelled it like more upright then you see it on forgeworld and it looked absolutely amazing, it's also a 625 pt chunk done in one.... £210 though..... I shouldn't really.

Soldato
Dirty Scavvies ready for duty! Anyone else fighting in the Underhive?

img_20190602_182247-jpg.88002

Soldato
I got it but wasn't as enamoured with it as I hoped to be having been a lover of the original. Getting a **** excuse for a board instead of real up and down scenery knocked my enjoyment more than I expected.

Yeah, i'm not keen on the board and just play with 3D terrain rules. Now with the new books Necromunda's moved on a fair chunk since the original (which I was a big fan of btw) with loads more content/options and more scope for thematic, narrative driven campaigns. There's crazy amounts of weapons, items, pets, guilds/criminal alliances etc. It's just a shame it's such a pig to organise! Best skirmish option out there with a good group of ppl tho.

Soldato
Yeah, i'm not keen on the board and just play with 3D terrain rules. Now with the new books Necromunda's moved on a fair chunk since the original (which I was a big fan of btw) with loads more content/options and more scope for thematic, narrative driven campaigns. There's crazy amounts of weapons, items, pets, guilds/criminal alliances etc. It's just a shame it's such a pig to organise! Best skirmish option out there with a good group of ppl tho.

I remember playing the original Necromunda probably what, 20 years ago? I do remember it being good, liked how you needed to keep records of your team and they get better the longer they stay alive.

You could Scrag people haha.

Soldato
I remember playing the original Necromunda probably what, 20 years ago? I do remember it being good, liked how you needed to keep records of your team and they get better the longer they stay alive.

You could Scrag people haha.

I loved the original, part of my love was tied in to the 6 person campaign we had running for around a year and the stories and characters you developed. It really made the game.

Soldato
Just ordered another gamemat.

I have one from Deep Cut Studios the Urban Wasteland one, but its a bit darker than the photo and no green what so ever, most of my terrain is dark grey ruins or structures, so what I have found is that my entire table setup is very monotonal, and if I were to put some vegetation/trees I think it would look out of place.

This time went gamemat.eu got the battlegrounds one, its still very generic, hopefully will fit the ruins but a bit more green, which should add some colour and hopefully allow me to place some scrub/trees to my board.

Back
Top Bottom