Heavy statue - ground floor

Soldato
Thread now disappoints!

We were all eagerly awaiting a whopping 600Kg statue turning up, and seeing how it could be moved into place and supported.

Soldato
OP
The delivery company is now going to move statue into house and will assist moving it into position in corner of hallway :rolleyes:

I'm awaiting photos of the finished statue and then it will be shipped to Felixstowe with agent to do necessary paperwork - should take about 4 -5 weeks.

Once I have been all duties and taxes it will be transported to my home.

I'm thinking about putting plywood down to help distribute load in the corner. Would this help?

Soldato
The delivery company is now going to move statue into house and will assist moving it into position in corner of hallway :rolleyes:

I'm awaiting photos of the finished statue and then it will be shipped to Felixstowe with agent to do necessary paperwork - should take about 4 -5 weeks.

Once I have been all duties and taxes it will be transported to my home.

I'm thinking about putting plywood down to help distribute load in the corner. Would this help?

What's the surface area of the base of the statue? If it's large enough it shouldn't really matter.

Soldato
OP
Well the statue has finally been delivered - it took 5 blokes and a piano wheeler. It took less than 1 hour to get it into house, un-crated and put into position. Thanks to the people who offered advice...

We are really happy with it and think it looks great in its new home.

Back
Top Bottom