• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 Super or RX 5700 XT

Associate
Cheers both, I'll take a look.
So just to confirm, will 550W be okay for the card? Seasonic Focus Plus 550W 80 Plus Gold Modular, only a year old

550 should be plenty for R7 2700 and 500XT. Highest reading the UPS registered was 396w but that includes my monitor, which uses 35-40w. Factor in eff rating of psu, then it should be lower than 350w.

My R7 2700 is oc'ed to 4GHz @ 1.375v and the XT is stock and undervolted to 1181mv from 1200mv. Prolly could go lower but I was just testing.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/39851814?

Soldato
550 should be plenty for R7 2700 and 500XT. Highest reading the UPS registered was 396w but that includes my monitor, which uses 35-40w. Factor in eff rating of psu, then it should be lower than 350w.

My R7 2700 is oc'ed to 4GHz @ 1.375v and the XT is stock and undervolted to 1181mv from 1200mv. Prolly could go lower but I was just testing.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/39851814?

Yup.
However 550W isn't plenty if someone uses 9900K :D

Associate
I been looking at the deals on both GPU sides :)
the The PowerColour 5700XT £389 with the Free items
Been doing a look see on this card for thermals & sound, its seems to be one of the best with 0dba tell 60c & run almost silent from there & low temps 2 x 100mm Fans Order Placed :)

Another top card would be the
MSI 5700 XT Gaming X on pre order but at £450

Last edited:
Associate
The "3 months of Xbox Game Pass for Windows 10 Store"
is great, Gears 5 ultimate Edition & 4 , Upcoming "The Outer worlds" & another 140 odd games so far

I added my 3 month game pass I got with my Ryzen 3700x,
When I get the 5700XT that also comes with another 3 months game pass
for windows 10 store, will this add to my exciting 3 months that I activated from the 3700x CPU ?
@Gibbo
I did send this Q to AMD also .

Windows 10 Games Store over 140 games on the pass

bCQqsJn.jpg.png

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
is great, Gears 5 ultimate Edition & 4 , Upcoming "The Outer worlds" & another 140 odd games so far

for windows 10 store, will this add to my exciting 3 months that I activated from the 3700x CPU ?
@Gibbo

bCQqsJn.jpg.png

Only AMD can answer I am afraid, but not surprised its popular if it gives access to so many games. :)

Associate
Thanks Gibbo , I ordered the 5700 XT red dragon for tomorrow delivery by DPD :)
Ya windows 10 store as really surprised me on the great Games on the pass
So easy click on game photo & install,
Gears 5 ultimate edition is a £69.99 game be its self & Outer world is on the pass for Rel date oct :)

4dpXHPq.jpg.png

Associate

@Gibbo

bCQqsJn.jpg.png

I bought a Vega 56 not long after a Vega 64, they wouldnt allow me to claim the games. so i raised an IT ticket and sent over the receipts, they honored it.

Associate
First thing you have to do is Make a quick account with https://www.amdrewards.com with my 3700X at to enter the coupon code on there &
at to download/ install the AMD Product Verification Tool" then got 1 credit to activate the "3 Months to Xbox Game Pass for PC - Microsoft"
then at to follow the link that had the code to activate the pass in Windows store, you need to be signed into your Windows 10 account.

Will post on here tomorrow how my 2nd 3 month game pass goes to activate.

Associate
Just heard back from AMD about activating the 2nd 3 month game pass code I be getting with GPU

Microsoft only allows one code to be redeemed for each account. If you want to redeem the second code for the same account, you will have to contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Please visit https://support.xbox.com/ and click the "Contact us" button in the "Support Resources" section. Then click "Games" and then "Ask a question"

Regards
AMD Rewards Support

Associate
OP
@Panos Okay I've received my 5700XT! Happy with it so far, although I had some issues with games crashing (BFV mainly), which I believe was down to a driver issue - I think I've fixed that now..

How would I go about undervolting/underclocking this card? It won't have any negative impacts on FPS will it? I believe you said it actually increased it, which blows my mind :D

Soldato
@Panos Okay I've received my 5700XT! Happy with it so far, although I had some issues with games crashing (BFV mainly), which I believe was down to a driver issue - I think I've fixed that now..

How would I go about undervolting/underclocking this card? It won't have any negative impacts on FPS will it? I believe you said it actually increased it, which blows my mind :D

Yes. Try this
MbYyk83.png

With the points at Max 1980Mhz/1044mv, middle 1390Mhz/853mv with 890Mhz ram and 0% PL

Associate
OP
Hey,

Thank you, I'll try this when I get home later! Should I benchmark some games before and after to judge the results and whether or not it's improved?

Associate
Just heard back from AMD about activating the 2nd 3 month game pass code I be getting with GPU

Microsoft only allows one code to be redeemed for each account. If you want to redeem the second code for the same account, you will have to contact Microsoft support for assistance.

Please visit https://support.xbox.com/ and click the "Contact us" button in the "Support Resources" section. Then click "Games" and then "Ask a question"

Regards
AMD Rewards Support
thanks for this - I now have 3 codes that I want to activate in order soon to get the 9 months.

Associate
Thanks Gibbo , I ordered the 5700 XT red dragon for tomorrow delivery by DPD :)
Ya windows 10 store as really surprised me on the great Games on the pass
So easy click on game photo & install,
Gears 5 ultimate edition is a £69.99 game be its self & Outer world is on the pass for Rel date oct :)

4dpXHPq.jpg.png
I fancy using my codes on the outer worlds.

Associate
First thing you have to do is Make a quick account with https://www.amdrewards.com with my 3700X at to enter the coupon code on there &
at to download/ install the AMD Product Verification Tool" then got 1 credit to activate the "3 Months to Xbox Game Pass for PC - Microsoft"
then at to follow the link that had the code to activate the pass in Windows store, you need to be signed into your Windows 10 account.

Will post on here tomorrow how my 2nd 3 month game pass goes to activate.
I will be glad to hear how you get on as I now have 3 codes to activate.

Associate
@Alan1969 Just to let you know, when I added my 2nd code to my AMD Account, that I got with my 5700XT
choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint*, plus get 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC,

you get 2 credits to redeem on AMD, I went for Borderlands 3 = 1 credit & at to choose the Device addon for the game =1 credit.
I did not get the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC,
I guess due to already having it in my AMD account from my Ryzen CPU purchase

I might send AMD a message see what they say.

if you choose Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint that take 2 credits to purchase

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom