Work issue, lunch breaks, would you be annoyed?

Soldato
I think I know the answer to this. So for about 3-4 years now I've worked at my place in central London which has a gym/swimming pool over the road. I go swimming 2-3 times a week in my lunch break which is lovely. I tend to eat lunch around 12, then go out 2.30-3pm and back by 3.30-4pm. Obviously you can't eat your lunch then nip out for a swim straight after :o
:( I only get 20 minutes for my dinner break at work :(

Soldato
:( I only get 20 minutes for my dinner break at work :(

Wow, having employed people for many years and so being conversant in many areas of employment law, I didn't realise this was the statutory minimum I could have been getting away with!

Rest breaks at work
Workers have the right to one uninterrupted 20 minute rest break during their working day, if they work more than 6 hours a day. This could be a tea or lunch break.

I've been missing a trick giving them tea breaks AND a lunch break! :eek:

;)

Ps : You work for a ***** employer :(

Soldato
I think I know the answer to this. So for about 3-4 years now I've worked at my place in central London which has a gym/swimming pool over the road. I go swimming 2-3 times a week in my lunch break which is lovely. I tend to eat lunch around 12, then go out 2.30-3pm and back by 3.30-4pm. Obviously you can't eat your lunch then nip out for a swim straight after :o

We had a couple of incidents in the last year or so, on a new project where execs needed my assistance and they couldn't get hold of me. So my boss has now said I can't go out that late, and I need to go somewhere between 12-2.30pm as that's a more acceptable lunch time.

To be honest, it's highly annoying. As I'm in central London the pool is much quieter after 2pm, all the times I've been at lunchtime/after work at peak times it's almost unbearable. To the point where after 3-4 years solid swimming I'm thinking it's probably not worth it.

So, man up and deal with it I guess? First world problems? :(
I work from home too and I go swimming at 12 and then have lunch

Soldato

We had a couple of incidents in the last year or so, on a new project where execs needed my assistance and they couldn't get hold of me. So my boss has now said I can't go out that late, and I need to go somewhere between 12-2.30pm as that's a more acceptable lunch time.

To be honest, it's highly annoying. As I'm in central London the pool is much quieter after 2pm, all the times I've been at lunchtime/after work at peak times it's almost unbearable. To the point where after 3-4 years solid swimming I'm thinking it's probably not worth it.

So, man up and deal with it I guess? First world problems? :(
What a time to be alive

Soldato
No breaks here, I'm theoretically allowed a 30 min dinner break but it was made clear to me when I started that they don't bother and just grab something and eat it whilst driving.

Plus I'd only be messing myself up anyway, I don't have enough time to do the jobs I've got as it is never mind stopping for a half hour dinner.

I don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask you to take your dinner at dinner time, it's not like they're asking you to stop swimming just go swimming at a more reasonable time. Seems fair to me.

Back
Top Bottom