Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Associate
Bought one 4GB Model 4. Had to pick up another two for a work project. Just as an FYI, It's not very good at displaying to 2x 55" 4K TV's. Unless i'm missing a setting somewhere. Still quite new with tinkering with them.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Ubuntu 19.10 is now available for pi4's if anyone is interested, anyone already running it on a pi4? I was going to order another memory card and reader to test with. I don't really want to destroy my install of rasbian as it's a working sample. I do have a backup though but that's not the point.

https://ubuntu.com/download/iot
It’s a mess. They didn’t even apply the x64 >3gb RAM patches.

Commissario
Posting this here as well as the 'items you have purchased' thread in GD.

I have a project that I'd like to have a tad more grunt than a Zero but doesn't need all the memory of a 3B+ or the power of a 4.

So I bought a 3A+ for the princely sum of £17.97 on Amazon delivered. I thought that was a really good price considering places like Pi-Hut want £23 (plus postage).

zfGBtqV.jpeg

Soldato
So I have finally found some time to get things going on the Pi's that I have.

Got a Pi3b+ Hooked up to the router with PiHole and OpenVPN

Another 3b+ That I am currently installing PLEX server on to stream content to the Xbox's in the house.

I now have a third 3B+ that currently doesn't have an SD card or a planned project - So I will be browsing the PiUpMyLife site for some ideas

Soldato
Anyone else running the Pimoroni fan shim find that a) it is terribly noisy, b) the button/switch for it does absolutely nothing at all.

Can the Pi not be configured so that the fan only comes on when the CPU is hot rather than all the time?

Permabanned
I have just had to restore my pi4 sdcard. It runs over POE and I must have had a power cut at some point as I got data corruption on the SD card. My web server wouldn't start and when I went to look at some of the perl files the data was corrupted.

Restored from my backup image and boom all good.

Associate
Has anyone any info about retro style cases for the Pi 4? Ideally I'd like either the SNES or Megadrive cases from RetroFlag, but they seem to only be available for the Pi 3B+.

Or indeed, any alternatives for the Pi4? Otherwise I might butcher a 'for spares' console from eBay....

Back
Top Bottom