How not to post a GFX card...

Soldato
So yesterday I was at work at the post office and a guy comes in with a zotac 1060 and purchased a posting box. I watched him put the bare card - no antistic bag, no packing at all - into the A4 sized box and seal it up. The box was big and the card was rattling round. I asked him if he was happy posting like that and he said hes posting it for his son I told him its highly likely it would be damaged intransit and if I received a card packed like that id be very unhappy. Following my advice he repackaged it this time with the card wrapped in bubble wap - not ideal but at least it wasn't moving about in the box. Moral of the story? If youre getting a relative to post for you at least pack it properly - don't trust it to someone else. Im sure ive saved this guy some money as theres every chance it would've been damaged if I hadn't interviened.

Soldato
Some people have no clue sometimes... I remember a time when I work in DPD, amazon sent a 1080 through us in the original box with no outer box or padding just stuck the label on and shipped it :confused:
That is increasingly common with the 'Shipped in packaging that will reveal contents'...yeah, because it is the damn contents!

I received a Samsung speaker like that, just label on the retail box. Luckily it was for my use and not a gift, but the box had taken a battering (and also done its job and protected the speaker!).

Associate
I've received a brand new laptop with no outside brown box, but just the original laptop box with my address stamped on it. Surprised it wasn't "lost" in transit.

Associate
So yesterday I was at work at the post office and a guy comes in with a zotac 1060 and purchased a posting box. I watched him put the bare card - no antistic bag, no packing at all - into the A4 sized box and seal it up. The box was big and the card was rattling round. I asked him if he was happy posting like that and he said hes posting it for his son I told him its highly likely it would be damaged intransit and if I received a card packed like that id be very unhappy. Following my advice he repackaged it this time with the card wrapped in bubble wap - not ideal but at least it wasn't moving about in the box. Moral of the story? If youre getting a relative to post for you at least pack it properly - don't trust it to someone else. Im sure ive saved this guy some money as theres every chance it would've been damaged if I hadn't interviened.
And later blame Royal Mail or any other courier because the poorly packed, just because they wrap something using a single sheet of brown paper and write FRAGILE. After that moment, the paper becomes indestructible, apparently, or that's what they believe.
Never had any item, posted by me, damaged in transit. And only once received a damaged item, because of those poorly designed Amazon envelopes, the one that the sides folding in, for a 1 litre detailing chemical.

Associate
Completely off-topic I know, but you don't happen to know if, or when, the sorting office by Stoke train station will start taking on staff for the Christmas period do you? I told the Son of a friend that I'd find out and completely forgot.
At least Cambridge area already looking for temp staff and regular staff too.

Associate
Jesus it’s like people are just oblivious to things in life, first thing that would have happened after is a ****** phone call to the post office saying they have damaged the goods and demand compensation

Soldato
Some people have no clue sometimes... I remember a time when I work in DPD, amazon sent a 1080 through us in the original box with no outer box or padding just stuck the label on and shipped it :confused:

I had this, ordered my wife a new stereo for the house, ipod/bluetooth etc, knew she'd love it and it was to be her Christmas present.

The ******* sent it in its original packaging with a label and she was the one that answered the door to the delivery driver.

Soldato
I had this, ordered my wife a new stereo for the house, ipod/bluetooth etc, knew she'd love it and it was to be her Christmas present.

The ******* sent it in its original packaging with a label and she was the one that answered the door to the delivery driver.

:eek: I bet she thought you've been treating yourself... Its so annoying and I find it pretty lazy when they do that

Associate

This happens all the time with Amazon. I got 2 AM4 motherboard with just labels on the motherboard box..

G J

G J

Associate
Strange how the person thought it was ok to post a graphics card with it able to rattle around in a box.

I received a graphics card off the members market with a postcard sized piece of paper with my address on the box so everyone could see what graphics card it was. :eek:

I also recieved CPU's one that was still attached to the heatsink so lucky the pins didnt bend and one that had thermal paste all over the top and bottom (how this happened I dont know) of the cpu so lucky that also worked when I wiped all the paste of it.

Associate
Amazon does this with motherboards. I had 3 motherboards from them... all came loose with just the manufacturers box plus an address sticker on top.

I'm guessing they do it so their own courier takes extra care delivering since he can see the contents.

Soldato

I know it doesn't help you now, but for exact situations like this there is a checkbox directly above the checkout button that says 'This item contains a gift' if you are buying for someone else again.

Back
Top Bottom