Joker (2019)

Soldato
Some film reviewer on the radio said it's the best movie he's seen in the last 20 years and that it's VERY dark.
Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 77% though.
I'm not sure how much credence you can give to those critic scores a lot of the publications critics write for the parent company are often owned by the movie studio or there "reviewing" a film from a rival company. Black Panther, Doctor Who (the recent series), Star Trek Discovery, The Orville season 1, Star Wars the last Jedi are all shows and films that have massively different scores when comparing audience ratings to so called critics.

Caporegime
I'm not sure how much credence you can give to those critic scores a lot of the publications critics write for the parent company are often owned by the movie studio or there "reviewing" a film from a rival company. Black Panther, Doctor Who (the recent series), Star Trek Discovery, The Orville season 1, Star Wars the last Jedi are all shows and films that have massively different scores when comparing audience ratings to so called critics.

That is total ********

Caporegime
I bet some film reviewers are definitely paid for reviews though. If I was a film critic and a studio offered me say £20k to a write a good review, you better believe I'm going to say it was the best film I've ever seen. :p

Soldato
Take CBS as an example the producers of STD. CBS is majority owned by Disney who also own 21st Century Fox and ABC so if you work for ABC you better think twice before you give an 'honest review' of the latest Star Trek series or Star Wars movies otherwise you might be shown the door (of course for actual independents there's always the implied threat of your early access being taken away). Between Disney and Warner Bros they have a large number of media outlets under their thumbs so always take what you read with a grain of salt especially when sites like Rotten Tomatoes don't allow audience scores.

Soldato
I'm so excited for this film. I think they've cast the right man for the job. I've always thought Phoenix was a bit... weird ever since I first saw him in Gladiator

I just hope I haven't hyped it up too much for myself.

Soldato
I'm so excited for this film. I think they've cast the right man for the job. I've always thought Phoenix was a bit... weird ever since I first saw him in Gladiator

I just hope I haven't hyped it up too much for myself.

I know what you mean..........I have a feeling this is going to be absolutely amazing! and I'm not even that much of a batman fan

Soldato
Surprised this film ain’t getting more attention on here considering utter trip like the new Terminator movie has like 5 pages. This movies looks awesome.

Associate
I watched it yesterday. It's very dark. Joaquin's performance is amazing. I'm gonna be ****** if he doesn't get an Oscar.

It's definitely one of the best movies I've seen lately.

8.8 from me. Go to a cinema and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I watched it yesterday. It's very dark. Joaquin's performance is amazing. I'm gonna be ****** if he doesn't get an Oscar.

It's definitely one of the best movies I've seen lately.

8.8 from me. Go to a cinema and enjoy it.

Did it come out yesterday? I thought it wasn't out until tomorrow so i got the earliest tickets available. Good news you were impressed and that it didn't disappoint

Back
Top Bottom