** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I ordered on the 19th of August and haven't received any notification yet, don't know what number I am in the queue. I've sent a webnote to ask what's happening with my order.

Soldato
I see what LG are doing here... create much anticipation and excitement by delaying the release of a desirable monitor, then do so in such limited numbers that everyone feels so lucky to have gotten one that they don't dare return it for the horrendous IPS glow, knowing they'll be waiting months for a replacement. Genius!! :p

Associate
I see what LG are doing here... create much anticipation and excitement by delaying the release of a desirable monitor, then do so in such limited numbers that everyone feels so lucky to have gotten one that they don't dare return it for the horrendous IPS glow, knowing they'll be waiting months for a replacement. Genius!! :p

Agreed, EVERYBODYelse should cancel their pre-order and leave the queue

Associate
I ordered on the 19th of August and haven't received any notification yet, don't know what number I am in the queue. I've sent a webnote to ask what's happening with my order.

Got a reply, just missed out. They got 98 monitors in, and there's 30 more coming at the end of October, with a 300 unit batch November time.

Associate
I was one of the unlucky ones. Ordered 21st August. Right, where are these places in Europe I can order one from that people say have stock?

Thank you for your recent pre order with Overclockers UK, we apologise for the longer than expected delay in being able to process your order, but we do appreciate your patience.

Unfortunately the batch of stock we received wasn't enough to clear all pending back orders for the LG 27GL850-B monitor which you ordered.

The next allocation which will facilitate your pre order is expected to land with us by mid-end of November. However this is still subject to change as it's only an estimated time of arrival and not a guarantee.

We appreciate it's frustrating having to wait longer than expected but rest assured we will get your monitor to you as soon as possible, and we will email you to confirm dispatch as soon as we have stock available for your pre order.

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused, but we do appreciate your patience and your custom.

All the best,

Overclockers UK
Customer Services

Soldato
If we wait any longer they will be promoting the 32" version of this monitor and i will have to cancel this anyway as 27" was a compromise to get this level of performance without the QC issues on other monitors of this level

...then LG will be 6 months late releasing it

...then OcUK will get an exclusive and it'll be another 6 months before i get my grubby little mitts on one

On the plus side, it'll mean i got better value out of my existing monitor

Associate
Congratulations to everyone that was lucky enough to get one. I wasn't but then I should have ordered earlier! I can wait. It's only a monitor after all.

Soldato
...then OcUK will get an exclusive and it'll be another 6 months before i get my grubby little mitts on one
In fairness, when the issue is LG's inability to meet demand and lack of stock getting into the EU/UK, then it doesn't really matter how many UK retailers are selling it.

Associate
Just got it and omg, it bloody looks amazing compared to my old Samsung LC27HG70QQUXEN. The colours right out of the box are stunning. No noticable backlight bleed where my Samsung was a nightmare.

The DP cable is ridicoulously short though for me.

Associate
I got messaged by OC saying that I should I get mine with the October batch, but they also mention there's probably going to be a delay, not sure what that means...

The people that got theirs already, please write your impressions and pics of BLB etc :)

Associate
I shouldn't have taken these pictures as now i see all the BLB, but my camera exaggerates :D
here are mine 100% brightness
https://imgur.com/a/plE1Spd

It really isn't that bad at all if you sit in front of it

edit:
Probably I suck in tacking pictures of BLB, so take these with a pinch of salt

V F

V F

Soldato
I shouldn't have taken these pictures as now i see all the BLB, but my camera exaggerates :D
here are mine 100% brightness
https://imgur.com/a/plE1Spd

It really isn't that bad at all if you sit in front of it

edit:
Probably I suck in tacking pictures of BLB, so take these with a pinch of salt

Legit question though, who uses a monitor at 100%? One blacks will be so washed out because of that and two do people enjoy eye fatigue at such a brightness.

Associate
They did say they had received less than expected, you may have been on the edge of that :(

I was actually, currently 10 in queue, ordered on 18th of august, so maybe October order will dispatch to people who ordered up to 25th of august or so.

Legit question though, who uses a monitor at 100%? One blacks will be so washed out because of that and two do people enjoy eye fatigue at such a brightness.

I have my laptop with an IPS screen, it's always been at 100% brightness, 80% is acceptable but bellow that is too dark for me, but I think there's a big difference between a laptop monitor and a normal one :|

Back
Top Bottom