• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What would be a cheap and noticeable upgrade from 4670k

Associate
try finding cheap 5820k and a x99 mobo ;] still serves me well (overclocked to 4.5)
probably around 200-240£ .. plus around 60 for a 4x4gb ddr4 kit

Soldato
If you're not seeing any problems with your current system then don't upgrade until you do.

I upgraded my CPU (Q6600) when I started to get CPU locked in games.

Now I get GPU locked, but am able to run at 60FPS or above in most games on an UW 1440P panel, so happy at the moment.

Associate
OP
Thank you everyone for your recommendations.

What I’ve decided is to keep the 4670k which still is going good for me even at 4K - maybe I don’t know how bad it really is which is a good thing for now.

I’m going to wait till after new consoles and go from there.

Soldato
Thank you everyone for your recommendations.

What I’ve decided is to keep the 4670k which still is going good for me even at 4K - maybe I don’t know how bad it really is which is a good thing for now.

I’m going to wait till after new consoles and go from there.

Use Afterburner to monitor CPU and GPU (amongst other things) via their OSD and you'll get a better idea of what's going on.

Associate

I have this exact same ram and it's using Micron J-die modules.
I can boot and be semi stable at 3800 but lowering timings is a no no hence I'm sending it back.
Just purchased samsung b-die kit from here so hopefully my ryzen system will finally have a chance to run at it's best.
I'm still being CPU bottlenecked in Destiny 2 at times and hoping this will fix it...

Caporegime
I have this exact same ram and it's using Micron J-die modules.
I can boot and be semi stable at 3800 but lowering timings is a no no hence I'm sending it back.
Just purchased samsung b-die kit from here so hopefully my ryzen system will finally have a chance to run at it's best.
I'm still being CPU bottlenecked in Destiny 2 at times and hoping this will fix it...

I'm running 3333MT/s 16-18-18-30-42-1 on my Hynix AFR :(

Associate
I'm running 3333MT/s 16-18-18-30-42-1 on my Hynix AFR :(
Yeah the Micron j-die is probably better but at least your Hynix AFR is in Ryzen dram calculator which micron j-die is not. Actually I could find very little about that micron memory.
I currently have it running at 3600MT/s 16-19-18-18-38-1 I think.

Back
Top Bottom