Tory MP complaining the UK Gov "Gave away" Edinburgh Castle to the Scottish Government

Soldato
I think he makes sense, he's saying that the SNP are very good at marketing and essentially hate and want to break up the UK. So why not try and learn from them and play them at their own game.

Associate
let the Scots keep it. chuck Sturgeon in it and bomb the place down to the foundations.
also, can we have a rationalsiation of the Barnett formula so public spending per head of population is equal throughout the Union?

Caporegime
let the Scots keep it. chuck Sturgeon in it and bomb the place down to the foundations.
also, can we have a rationalsiation of the Barnett formula so public spending per head of population is equal throughout the Union?

Ouuu, thats... um very compassionate unionism you've got there. Ever tried winning people over by not calling for their deaths? Being better people maybe?

Last edited:
Associate
I don't want the union to survive. I would be quite happy with an English parliament with English MP's and the Scottish and Welsh can go on their merry way, fiscal self reliance, no access to the pound, crack on and have a nice time and we'll be having border controls thank you very much.
having been to Wales twice that was enough and whilst Scotland seems nice it's not on my bucket list to go there.

Soldato
I don't want the union to survive. I would be quite happy with an English parliament with English MP's and the Scottish and Welsh can go on their merry way, fiscal self reliance, no access to the pound, crack on and have a nice time and we'll be having border controls thank you very much.
having been to Wales twice that was enough and whilst Scotland seems nice it's not on my bucket list to go there.

Not even a mention for NI? You're a proper tiny minded Little Englander you, aren't you. :p

Soldato
The SNP government is pretty innept...is what I keep hearing from Scots working in England. I guess there are enough "little Scotsmen" to keep them in power. TBH let them go, fed up of hearing the fish women bang on about referendums. But no handouts when they go bankrupt this time.

But doesnt NI already have its own government? It fell apart and the UK is currently having to run it...

Last edited:
Soldato
The SNP government is pretty innept...is what I keep hearing from Scots working in England. I guess there are enough "little Scotsmen" to keep them in power. TBH let them go, fed up of hearing the fish women bang on about referendums. But no handouts when they go bankrupt this time.

The same hate laced sentiment we've become familiar with during the Brexit years. It's very telling that you can't even bring yourself to refer to her by her name; so needlessly churlish.

"We give all our money to the Europeans"
"We give all our money to the Scots"
"NI doesn't even deserve a mention"

Is there any nation you don't despise?

It's a superiority complex like no other, more akin to a 70s TV sitcom character. I was firmly against independence during the 2016 referendum but I've genuinely had my eyes opened since.

The English are becoming a very bitter nation.

Associate
The same hate laced sentiment we've become familiar with during the Brexit years. It's very telling that you can't even bring yourself to refer to her by her name; so needlessly churlish.

It's a superiority complex like no other, more akin to a 70s TV sitcom character. I was firmly against independence during the 2016 referendum but I've genuinely had my eyes opened since.

Scottish civic nationalism bad.

British (read English) one nation nationalism good.

From the Prime minister down to the average Englishman on the street, there is a lot of hate being directed at us Scots right now.

Suits me fine being pro independence.

Soldato

That is not any more true than the reverse said for the Scots, and believe me I know as I have worked in Scotland for many years now. You will always get a vocal moronic minority and they are the ones that get heard as most people just want to get on with their lives instead of getting involved in the bickering

Soldato
That is not any more true than the reverse said for the Scots, and believe me I know as I have worked in Scotland for many years now. You will always get a vocal moronic minority and they are the ones that get heard as most people just want to get on with their lives instead of getting involved in the bickering

I'd hardly think 17+ million people would constitute a vocal moronic minority; although to be fair the only word I take issue with is "minority". Vocal and moronic are pretty much nail on the head.

Back
Top Bottom