How not to post a GFX card...

Caporegime
Amazon does this with motherboards. I had 3 motherboards from them... all came loose with just the manufacturers box plus an address sticker on top.

I'm guessing they do it so their own courier takes extra care delivering since he can see the contents.

If they handle it like you would when take it off the shelve in a shop and put it in your own car then i don't see a problem with that. It's when they throw things into the back of the van that's when it gets problematic.

Caporegime
Amazon does this with motherboards. I had 3 motherboards from them... all came loose with just the manufacturers box plus an address sticker on top.

I'm guessing they do it so their own courier takes extra care delivering since he can see the contents.

Hahahahahaha, no.

Caporegime
Then why do it with only motherboards..

I've ordered over 200 items this year alone and they only ever do it with motherboards.

If anything they over pack stuff.
Just received a HP docking station with just a label on, so your theory doesn't really ring true.

Most of the amazon delivery drivers probably don't even know what a motherboard is.

Associate
I say motherboards, but I mean the computer section of Amazon: GFX cards, Motherboards etc.

They know what a motherboard is, they under pack them deliberately cos they are the ones actually delivering them thats my theory anyway.

Soldato
I remember ordering 2 hdds from Amazon years ago , I was sat my PC and heard two loud slaps as something hit laminate floor thru letter box(waist height) went to front door and both were just it the card envelopes they used to send books in etc :eek: .Week later I received a box 80x60x30cm with pair of gloves in and enough protection to half fill my recycle bin

Caporegime
Completely off-topic I know, but you don't happen to know if, or when, the sorting office by Stoke train station will start taking on staff for the Christmas period do you? I told the Son of a friend that I'd find out and completely forgot.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/go/...=&sortColumn=referencedate&sortDirection=desc

Fairly sure Stoke aren’t recruiting casuals this year (and none listed on the above link either) afaik an awful lot of their work these days is outsourced to the Warrington hub.

Back
Top Bottom