cosmos looks very poor

Associate
do not understand why anyone would now order a cosmos. If you want high end you go for the index and or pro.

or is you want a slightly lower end experience go for the rift s

the reviews online are very poor. also does not work in a normal living room at night

Associate
What does the cosmos do that's different from the Vive? Is it purely no basestations needed? It all works from attached cameras liek the Rift-s (inside-out tracking)?

Soldato
Reading the review on uploadVR, the only real downer for me is the Halo headband. The short sweet spot that results from the slightest movement of the band is entirely relatable from my experience of a WMR device. I'll actively avoid any set that goes that way as the band becomes uncomfortable for me and results in fidgeting. I wear full facial air feed at work that follow a similar design, they erk me in the same way.

Soldato
It all looked positive on paper so it is a shame reading these reviews. I'd argue the most important thing for VR is that the tracking is spot on so to mess that up is a bit of a biggie. Oh well I guess it's time to cross the Cosmos off my potential HMD's to buy then.

Soldato
It all looked positive on paper so it is a shame reading these reviews. I'd argue the most important thing for VR is that the tracking is spot on so to mess that up is a bit of a biggie. Oh well I guess it's time to cross the Cosmos off my potential HMD's to buy then.

I was just about to post on your thread!! Your decision just got a whole lot easier :p

Soldato
So my Cosmos arrived this morning and honestly the hardware is good but HTC's software team have got no idea, Compared to Oculus's software, HTC's team seems to be in the stone age, The setup process is horrendous and on top of that there are a heap of incompatibilities with existing VR titles and experiences.

Soldato
I was just about to post on your thread!! Your decision just got a whole lot easier :p

Yes....well no :p The few reviews I've seen where people have directly compared the Reverb to the Index, the Index has always come out on top. So while I crossed the Cosmos off my list I've added the Index. Both need some GPU grunt so, as I said in my thread, I think I'm going to put off VR until I can do a GPU upgrade too.

To keep this on topic though, I've no personal experience with any of them but I've not seen any reviews that praise HTC's software. Maybe they can improve it over time but it seems only Oculus or Valve gets any sort of praise on the software front.

Soldato
The Reverb may be a good headset, but it's based on an essentially dead platform - WMR has been effectively abandoned. Only the Steam VR and Oculus platforms have ongoing support.

Soldato
The Reverb may be a good headset, but it's based on an essentially dead platform - WMR has been effectively abandoned. Only the Steam VR and Oculus platforms have ongoing support.

Exactly. I think the only options for people are Quest, Rift S or Index at this point. Any other choice is going into a niche unsupported software space, and without light houses we're all dependant on future software optimisations.

Associate
Exactly. I think the only options for people are Quest, Rift S or Index at this point. Any other choice is going into a niche unsupported software space, and without light houses we're all dependant on future software optimisations.

What about Vive Pro? It's the only headset with OLED panel and 90hz.

Back
Top Bottom